Goldi's Locks of Yarn

My place to discuss my raging obsession with yarn and crochet along with happenings in my life and the world at large

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Misc thoughts on a sunny yet cold Thursday morning

Well, I forgot that I had saved those card pictures a bit larger than I usually do, they are kind of spilling out all over the edges - sorry about that folks! I keep hoping to find some time to spend working on getting past my learning curve so I can modify and adjust this blog so it's "just right". Haven't had a chance yet. There's so many things I'd like to do, such as add links (have to collect them together first) create and add a button (need to find the right design elements) of my own, not to mention add buttons for some of the blogs I like to visit (when I get a chance, which alas isn't as often as I'd like) as well as the rockin' forum I belong to, Crochetville - I haven't even figured out how to capture and set all those buttons up so they are clickable yet!

So much to do, so little time...

Totally missed WIP Wednesday yesterday. That's okay, there hasn't been much in the way of new developments to report, and I haven't gotten a whole lot further along on the ripple ghan this week, it's been far too busy all around. There's always next week!

I'm toying with the idea of calling in to work today. I always feel so guilty when trying to make a decision like this, but I am definitely not feeling well. I have about a half hour to see if I feel better (or worse) before I reach a point where the decision must be made. This has been coming on for most of this week, have been feeling that borderline nausea that indicates something's out of kilter system-wide. Exhaustion from sleeplessness is certainly a factor here - don't know that I'm up to the hour plus journey to make it to my desk. My workload today is fairly minimal, from the standpoint of someone else having to cover it, but I really hate putting people in the position of having to scramble to cover my work along with their own - all of us in my department are always busy and under pressure from the constant demands, and, to make matters worse, there are auditors in the office - though they haven't been as disruptive as has sometimes occurred with these folks. So this is never a light decision to make for me.

Yet, if I allowed myself a day to rest and conserve my energies for fighting off this bug, I'm fairly sure I can bounce back more quickly.

Decisions decisions...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home