Goldi's Locks of Yarn

My place to discuss my raging obsession with yarn and crochet along with happenings in my life and the world at large

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Modelling my shawl

Well, my evening has zipped by far too quickly as usual and tonight, thanks to last night's burning of the midnight oil to finish my shawl, I have not been able to keep up with it. I have a list of things to do a mile long with a deadline of "yesterday", and right now the battle is on between the need to crochet (must feed the addiction!) and the need to sleep - and feeling like nature may finally win this one. I will still attempt to get some responses posted to all the great folks who complimented me on my shawl - if I can stay coherent long enough. Right now, that's very questionable - I keep fading in and out, may have to give it up soon.

Well, in the meantime, here's a pic of me wearing my new shawl today. It made me feel very classy, not to mention warm on a blustery wind-chill factor day! I wore the shawl over my coat whenever I went outdoors, too, and it kept me quite toasty both indoors and out. I really enjoyed wearing this today!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

5 Comments:

  • At 9:34 AM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    great shawl!! I like your blog too. What colors would you like your button?

     
  • At 8:38 PM, Blogger goldi said…

    Thanks Rebecca - if I ever get some decent time, I'm hoping to add to it too, with links and buttons and such. Here it is, 8:25 pm and I'm just getting home from work! As far as colors go, I'd like it to harmonize to the pink color scheme I have on the blog, so shades of blues, purples and pinks would be great, maybe with some yellows and greens. But any colors would be fine, as long as it fits the character of the blog - I love all colors, but am partial to irridescent ones especially! I'm really excited to see what you come up with! Thanks for doing this, I really appreciate it!

     
  • At 10:57 AM, Anonymous Kari Holtz said…

    It's beautiful!!!!

     
  • At 8:02 PM, Blogger Jewels said…

    nice looking shawl - I like the edging

     
  • At 12:30 AM, Blogger goldi said…

    Thanks Kari, Jewels! I couldn't resist wearing it again today, I can see I will get plenty of mileage out of this one. I really love it. Glad you both like it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home