Goldi's Locks of Yarn

My place to discuss my raging obsession with yarn and crochet along with happenings in my life and the world at large

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Move over Lily Chin!

Well, actually, I think Lily's record is safe. But I sure am trying to give her some competition.

I did it! I just completed the shawl! From "demoralized" on Thursday to elated on Monday (okay, so it's now Tuesday, technically, but not as far as I'm concerned - it won't be Tuesday until I go to bed and then wake up to that annoying alarm clock). For me, this is a record, though. When I started back on it Saturday afternoon, it was not much farther along than the first pic I posted of it, thanks to the frogging session. I just got done hiding the last end about 10 minutes ago.

It took about 2 1/3 skeins to complete, that last third being used on the ruffled ends. After thinking about it for awhile, I just didn't want to have a fringed end on this shawl. A shell ruffle worked out quite nice: half-shell comprised of 3 dc, a sc, then a full shell of 3 dc, ch 1, 3 dc all in one st seperated by sc worked out very well.

Since I still don't know how to post the pics directly from here, I will send them seperately from photobucket. They're a bit dark, unfortunately, but I will be wearing this tomorrow (of course!), and will take the camera with me for a photo-shoot, should be able to get some much better shots from there.

Okay, gonna post them pics and then hit the sack - and hope I don't snore too loudly at my computer tomorrow!

Will be spending much of my evening getting my main computer back up and running, as this one is on the verge of expiring on me, finally. Came close a couple of times today, and I'm running on borrowed time now.

I'm so thrilled!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home