Goldi's Locks of Yarn

My place to discuss my raging obsession with yarn and crochet along with happenings in my life and the world at large

Saturday, March 19, 2005

Special birthday surprise

Although it wasn't a good thing for me to be late for work on Thursday, for one thing it turned out to be a blessing. My dear friend Kate, who lives in Baton Rouge, had told me she sent me a package via UPS. I have a plastic bin outside my back door to which I have directed all packages since there is no other way to protect them from inclement weather. Thursday, we had a wet slushy snow falling all morning - all the more reason for that crate. But the UPS person ignored it, and placed my package on the stoop, against the house. I found it as I left the house in the morning, so he'd made an unusually early delivery, to boot, as they don't usually come around the neighborhood until early to mid-afternoon. No matter, all was well and the cotents remained safe and dry.

Knowing about a lot of the stress I've been going through, she sent me a bunch of supplements, something I really needed as I'd run out and couldn't afford to replace them. There was a mug and a pocket astrologer calendar, as well as a poster of the Mayan Calendar with all of the colorful graphics and lots of information about it. There was a bottle of herbal tincture that is good for brain function (boy do I ever need that right now!). And then there was this:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Is this not the most gorgeous thing you've ever seen??? Not only that, it is soft as a cloud! I couldn't resist slipping my crochet hook in it for easy access. It would also be good for holding a pair of glasses if you're the kind of gal who takes them on and off all the time.

Of course I had to wear it all day Thursday, and even wore it Friday too! I just love love love this! Thank you Kate for the best birthday gift ever!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

2 Comments:

  • At 7:59 AM, Blogger Michelle said…

    That is gorgeous. I love the stone. What a lucky girl you are, to receive such a beautiful gift! Ü

     
  • At 8:13 AM, Blogger goldi said…

    Thanks Michelle! I'm really lucky to have such a wonderful friend, too - she's been there for me more times than I can count when I needed it. My wish is for everyone to have a friend like Kate in their lives!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home