Goldi's Locks of Yarn

My place to discuss my raging obsession with yarn and crochet along with happenings in my life and the world at large

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Yarn Fascination

I do wish I had a bit more control over the order of the pictures as they are posted from my photobucket website, other than to send them through one at a time. The below two pics should be reversed - oh well!

These two pictures are a representative example of the kind of "help" I receive when working on my crochet projects. Most of the time, Meeps confines herself to taking up position below my feet to stare, hypnotized, at the yarn as it wiggles and stretchesit's way from the skein (I keep working project yarn upright in a tote bag on the floor so that the yarn will move more smoothly towards my hook) into whatever project I'm working on. In this case, it is the ripple ghan I'm working on for Phil, which I posted about a few days ago. This second picture, which came over first from photobucket, is her looking up at me after I took the first picture, of her staring at that yarn (below). Fortunately for both of us, she mostly sticks with staring at that wriggling temptation, but occasionally she just can't help herself, and she will pounce on it.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It is just too funny watching how intently Meeps watches that yarn! This is a kitty with the most expressive ears in the world - they twitch this way and that, and rotate like little satellite dishes, almost constantly. When she sits staring at the yarn, that is the only part of her you will see moving, except for an occasional twitch of the tip of her tail!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

My crochet partner!

2 Comments:

  • At 11:40 PM, Blogger ThreeOliveMartini said…

    omg.. he looks like my Tiger!

     
  • At 8:04 AM, Blogger goldi said…

    I can't recall what it's called, but I've been informed that cats with the three-colored fur are considered "rare", with the rarest of all being males. My Meeps, being a female, isn't a rarity color-wise, but I think she is personality-wise. Of course, I've spoiled her rotten from the day I received her, lol! I hope Tiger brings you as much love and joy as Meeps has for me! Do you have any pictures of him on your blog?

    BTW, she is called "Meeps" because that's how she sounds - she doesn't have a true "Meow", and her voice is tinier than she is! How she came to me is an interesting story, I may have to post an entry about that someday...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home