Goldi's Locks of Yarn

My place to discuss my raging obsession with yarn and crochet along with happenings in my life and the world at large

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

I've been blessed! RAOK!

Haven't got much time left before I have to call it a night, but I just had to share this. I was feeling down when I got home from work tonight, after spending most of my hour driving home and thinking about my acute money problems. I keep coming up short at bill-paying time, I've calculated it will take at least 3 paychecks to get back on the other side of the bills, if I can find some assistance getting there. It's just been one of those snowball kind of things that's been hard to break out of, especially when overtime has been so hard to come by, and due to the depressive episode, I missed a golden opportunity earlier this month to take advantage of it. Anyway, don't want to travel down that road again, once a day is enough...

When I got home, I decided to just sit for a little while and crochet before turning on my computer, since far too often I find the evening has flown by and I haven't even had a chance to pick up a hook, and I really needed to work some yarn through my fingers. It was a few minutes before 9 pm when I finally got online and downloaded my email...

And I found the most wonderful surprise waiting for me there! A wonderful anonymous fairy godmother from Crochetville had gifted me with some of the patterns I had indicated I most wanted in my wish list! I received the set of 3 shawl patterns and the poncho top pattern from LaVonne, also known as Angela Best! Check these out! I was absolutely thunderstruck! What a wonderful thing this was, and it couldn't have come at a better time! I am already mentally reviewing my yarn stash and plotting which pattern to dig into first.

I am just so grateful to have found such a wonderful place as Crochetville. It is populated by the greatest group of crafty people ever, and I am proud to say I'm a member of this group. And though I may be short on money at the present time, there are still some ways I can keep this lovely generous energy going by passing it on, and I am looking forward to doing just that very soon!

I am also in consultation with a couple of gals who have offered their generous assistance with helping me to make some changes to my blog, so don't be surprised if you see this page go through some makeovers in the near future! I am so glad to have their help as I just haven't had the time to try and figure this stuff out on my own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home