Goldi's Locks of Yarn

My place to discuss my raging obsession with yarn and crochet along with happenings in my life and the world at large

Sunday, April 10, 2005

Pretty basket of yarn

While I'm taking this break from my project, I figured I might as well share this. I need to put the fabric liner together that I purchased for this raffia basket (one of two) that I received for my birthday from Phil, but until then, a trusty old plastic bag is doing the duty of protecting my yarn from getting snagged on the rough surfaces of this neat basket. I just thought this was such a lusciously colorful sight, this little basket of baby yarn, that I had to take a picture of it, so here it is!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I will add that some of this yarn is being used in my scarf pattern - 4 of the colors to be exact, along with another yarn which will remain incognito for now (in case Becky takes a peek at my blog!). There will be plenty of yarn left over for some other project I might care to tackle in the near future as well. I couldn't resist stocking up on this yarn when Hobby Lobby had a "blowout baby yarn sale" a couple of weeks ago.

This is the Bernat Baby Coordinates pompadour yarn which is some of the brightest baby pastels available. Most baby yarn is so "pale" in comparison, and I don't much care for the "washed out" look of those pastels. These colors positively glow, in a gentle way. I love it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home