Goldi's Locks of Yarn

My place to discuss my raging obsession with yarn and crochet along with happenings in my life and the world at large

Saturday, April 30, 2005

Quick Saturday update

Well, it's been awhile since I made a post here, s'pose I should get cuttin'! Past week was a bit of a rough ride, but then what else is new? I get tired of singing that same old sorry tune. I bore myself with it, don't feel like boring anybody else either.

After much heavy procrastinating, I got the first lawn-mowing of the season done this afternoon, and cleaned out the garage for good measure. My hands are already hurting - back yard is a pretty hefty size and the ground is very uneven so I have to maintain a tight grip on the mower throughout. I'm hoping it doesn't impede my ability to crochet tonight!

Meeps continues to be a major pest, especially whenever I'm on the computer. She doesn't bother me at all when I sit in the living room and crochet, but let me get on this keyboard and start doing some serious typing, and she's reaching through the back of my chair and poking me in the butt, or hooking a paw around my arm, or - even worse, jumping up to bite it! When I get up to see what she wants, she leads me to the living room... Guess she's telling me I need to be doing more crocheting and less browsing! Still, I wish she would cut it out, it's extremely annoying, especially when she does it repeatedly while I'm trying to write something, interrupts my train of thought (which lately isn't all that hard to do anyway).

Tomorrow, I will be making the 75 mile-odd journey to go see mom for awhile, it's been a few months already. I don't know if I can finish up the market bag I started for her, I'm almost out of the Lily yarn I was using, and though there isn't much left to do, I don't think I have enough. I've been watching out for it, but it's the one color that never seems to be on the shelves everywhere I've gone for the past month or so! No doubt, it's available online, but I just don't have the funds to be able to buy online, especially such a small quantity. The shipping would be far more than the ball of yarn I need.

Well, Phil is here - I had promised to put some new covers on the front of his speakers. Once that's done, there just may be a nap in my near future... Maybe I'll get a chance to post more later, if there's anything exciting to talk about.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:04 AM, Blogger Sara said…

    Yes, cats can be challenging to say the least. I usually have at least 2 that want to snuggle when I crochet. The biggest one sits right in front of the computer monitor when I try to surf!

     
  • At 12:19 AM, Blogger goldi said…

    LOL! That sounds sooo typical! When Meeps is feeling particularly ignored, she'll climb up on the keyboard shelf and sit on my mouse hand - with mouse IN hand! Good luck surfing with a 4 pound furball sitting on your hand!

    Life would be so boring without her, though.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home