Goldi's Locks of Yarn

My place to discuss my raging obsession with yarn and crochet along with happenings in my life and the world at large

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Seraphina Takes Flight!

I'm pretty excited - my Seraphina Shawl is done! For me, it's a record, especially considering how much ripping back I did on this project. I added some braided ties to it though the way this
hangs over the shoulders they were probably not needed. I love it!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I made this as a shorter "working" version similar to the one that Doni mentioned in her pattern write-up. For this particular yarn, I didn't feel a longer version would be good, it's a heavy material as it is. I used Red Heart Casual Cot'n for this in the color Spice. This one is more reminiscent of an Autumn day, and I expect that is when I will get my most wear out of this shawl.

But since we're having unseasonably cool weather here, I figure I'll take advantage of it and wear this tomorrow before I set it aside for my summery things.

I definitely plan to make more of these shawls, in fact my next planned one will be made using the KnitPicks Shimmer laceweight in the color Morning Mist, as soon as I finish up on some other projects. I antipate the next shawl to go much easier now that I have the pattern down and - keeping fingers crossed! - won't be making so many dumb mistakes.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:02 AM, Blogger Marvie said…

    Just gorgeous!! I've made three of them so far and have had thoughts of a lighterweight summer one for a while now.... just have to find the right yarn for that =) I found once I got through the first half of the first shawl it just flew by, and subsequent ones went pretty quickly. I added buttons to mine, it does lay beautifully and stays put if you're sitting still or not moving around too much... but I was wearing mine all day long over the winter and I got tired of having to hold onto it when I was doing things lol.

    Anyway, great job, lovely color! Congratulations =)

     
  • At 7:50 AM, Blogger Sara said…

    You did a great job!! I really want to make one, but I'm trying to take care of UFO's! Darn that crochetville! LOL!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home