Goldi's Locks of Yarn

My place to discuss my raging obsession with yarn and crochet along with happenings in my life and the world at large

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Baby Seraphina

And a new shawl is born, amid the tangles (I'll get to that part later!).

This is the first ten rows of the Seraphina Shawl pattern, done in laceweight yarn. This is Shimmer, from KnitPicks, a very fine baby Alpaca and silk blend, wonderfully soft to the touch. Had I been a tad more swift, I would have thought to put something else in the picture to show scale, say like a quarter or something. At this stage of it's development, the piece fits almost perfectly across my open hand! I'm working this with an over-sized hook (using size F), mainly because my eyes are so crappy I wanted to not have to strain to see the stitches, and besides it adds to the lacy effect, imo.

I am working on this here and there, sneaking in rows in between other projects when I can. You can click here to see a larger size picture of it if you like.

After struggling through my first Seraphina, I now have the sequence memorized and I don't even have to refer to the instructions anymore. It really isn't all that hard, once you get the pattern sequence down. I'm pretty excited about this project!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

2 Comments:

  • At 11:15 AM, Blogger Micky said…

    Just wanted to let you know I added your link to my blog.
    :)

     
  • At 12:13 PM, Blogger Sara said…

    oh the shawl looks beautiful. Lace weight is probably perfect for the warm weather. Can't wait to see the finished product.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home