Goldi's Locks of Yarn

My place to discuss my raging obsession with yarn and crochet along with happenings in my life and the world at large

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

It's Done!!!

I was beginning to doubt I'd ever get to say that... At long last, the scarf I've been wrestling with for over a week now is finally complete, right down to the last last evil little tail woven in. All that's left now is the washing and blocking.

I will start on the next (and final) scarf tomorrow, and hopefully this one will be very quick and smooth sailing. I've got other swap projects to get to, after all, plus a gazillion other ones hollering for my attention.

Today, I went through and updated the Seraphina Shawl pattern so it should be easier to follow. I'm hoping to find out soon, as I intend to start my second one soon. I am going to make this one in a laceweight yarn, which should be good for summer - as long as I manage to complete it before summer's over!

I've been thinking long and hard. My lease will be up in just a few short months, and it's become pretty obvious to me that I just can't afford to stay here anymore. I can't take a roomate as there isn't a shred of extra space in this tiny (less than 700 square feet) house - I can barely fit myself in here! But the thought of moving scares the crap out of me. My last move was a living nightmare (and I kept wishing I'd just die and get it over with, but nobody was listening), it was the move from hell. All indications are this next one won't be any better, even if I manage by some sort of miracle to whittle my belongings down to less than half of what I have now. I am planning on putting a garage sale together sometime in the next couple of months, I'll be needing whatever funds I can raise via that route to cover moving costs.

Finding the energy to do all of this will be toughest part of the challenges ahead. And, speaking of which, I'm practically passing out here, guess that means it's bedtime. I owe some emails and responses to some folks, hopefull they'll forgive me if my replies don't go out till tomorrow..

So, until tomorrow!

4 Comments:

  • At 5:58 AM, Blogger Kimberly said…

    Congrats on finishing the scarf and tying in all of those evil ends....all ends are evil! :) I've not forgotten about your blog I promise!! Its just been crazy beyond belief moving into my new job, including working public holidays and weekends here recently - major ugh!!!

    Lots of luck on the decision to move - I've moved 13 times in the past 8 years so I totally understand the pain of the nightmare it is!

    Have a great day!

     
  • At 6:28 AM, Blogger Sara said…

    Yea!! The scarf is finished! FO's are so satisfying. Good luck one whatever moving decision you make, just remember: Yarn is the most important thing. LOL!

    Sara

     
  • At 8:26 PM, Blogger goldi said…

    Thanks ladies! As you can see I'm a wee bit behind. Seems my yarn woes continue, to the point where lately I've been feeling rather jinxed! I will hopefully be putting up a post about that sometime this evening, in between wrestling sessions, I'm too stubborn to quit, even when I'm losing! But first, I've got some pictures to post that I've been running behind on too. Still looking for that clone (hopefully one that functions better than I do!)...

     
  • At 8:29 PM, Blogger goldi said…

    Oh, and Kimberly? No need to worry about the blog stuff - whenever you get around to it is fine by me! I'm not a fast mover myself (if you haven't guessed already, lol!). At any rate, it's something that will be a cool surprise whenever it DOES happen, and that's ALL good in my book! Thanks!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home