Goldi's Locks of Yarn

My place to discuss my raging obsession with yarn and crochet along with happenings in my life and the world at large

Friday, May 06, 2005

TGIF!

Made it! I am SO glad it's Friday! This means that tomorrow I can sleep in, and hopefully it will give me a chance to catch up some of the sleep I've been deprived of this week, though not alot. I'm finding as I get older that I just can't sleep for longer than 6 hours at a stretch at most. If Meeps doesn't insist on waking me up (which she's becoming less and less inclined to do as she grows older too), some aching part of my body does, or the call of nature. When I was younger, I would've just sleep-walked to the bathroom and right back to bed for a few more hours of quality sleep, but not anymore! Now, once I've been upright for more than 10 seconds, I'm awake, whether I like it or not. There was a time when I couldn't even imagine this, and now I'm living it. It wouldn't be so bad except that I'm often so exhausted that I can't make good use of all that extra awake time. Well, maybe this weekend I'll get at least a little chance. It would be nice, as I'd like to have plenty of energy for the ambitious plans I have for these next two days.

The most frustrating thing for me this past week has been the incredibly slow progress I've made with my crocheting. What little time I've managed to squeeze out for it has been spent far more often ripping back rather than stitching forward, as I seem to have fallen into an endless cycle of stupid mistakes! And it's not even a hard pattern! It has taken me a full week to successfully complete about 7 inches of scarf!!! I know I can sometimes be a tad slow at this, but that's ridiculous! I'm hoping and praying that the worst of the idiocy is finally behind me and that I will make some speedier progress at it this weekend.

Well, I intend to enter into my weekend time with an optimistic attitude that I will have plenty of completed tasks and (keeping fingers crossed) a finished scarf come Sunday night! Depending on how that goes, I may try to do one more thing before I wrap this project up and ship off Becky's package.

Oh yes - and I haven't forgotten about those pics! If I don't get them done tonight, I PROMISE they will be up tomorrow morning. Kelly did such a wonderful job on these scarves (and SO MANY of them!) that I really want everybody to see them all. And I did take the opportunity to wear two of them this week too. I couldn't resist the one with the white fuzzy yarn, but I am going to have to figure out a better way to pet it during the day. That part of the scarf just happens to, uhm, well, let's just say I had to watch myself for fear of being accused of feeling myself up, lol! I had the scarf draped around my neck and falling down my front. It looked very nice, but like I said, petting was cause for attracting the wrong kind of attention. And it's really hard NOT to pet this scarf!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:15 PM, Blogger Sara said…

    Sounds like you caught my crochet blahs! Earlier this week, nothing I was doing was coming out right! That is so frustrating!

     
  • At 11:20 PM, Blogger goldi said…

    Maybe it's a contagious disease? I agree, it's totally frustrating! It started in earnest for me last Saturday, when I started this project, after trying and discarding half my stash before settling on this particular yarn and pattern, only to have one dumb mistake after the other keep me from getting anywhere with it. But wait - it gets worse! Read the next entry on my blog to find out just how bad!

    Thanks for sharing, Sara - somehow it's comforting to know I'm not the only one. Here's to smoother stitching ahead for us both!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home