Goldi's Locks of Yarn

My place to discuss my raging obsession with yarn and crochet along with happenings in my life and the world at large

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Drum Roll Please!

And now, the winner of my biggest stash of a single yarn goes to...


HOMESPUN!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I KNEW I had a lot of that yarn - after all, it is my all-time favorite, one I simply can't get enough of, but until I gathered it all together for this photo-shoot, I didn't realize just how much I really had. If I were to factor in the skeins of this scrumptious yarn that I have used up in the last 8 months, this pile would easily be double what it is today, maybe even more! And I am still on the prowl for several colorways I've been coveting heavily, and feeling frustrated because many of them are so rarely seen! Every single one of the skeins in this picture was bought on sale when I happened to have some blessed green in my pocket. It nearly killed me a few weeks back to see that Smileys had SEVERAL of those colors I'd been dying to get - at $2.99 apiece! And I couldn't take advantage of it, because I simply had no money at the time. I have projects in mind for most of this yarn, with a few exceptions - and some of it I am trying to decide between one or more projects! Can you tell I love this yarn???

Oh, the 4 skeins of Patons Divine ended up here because they got overlooked during the earlier photoshoots. I think they're in good company, though!

If you'd like to drool over a full-screen shot of my pile (just so you can more clearly see the colorways, you know), you can click here.


Well, folks, we have come to the end of our yarn stash, believe it or not! At least, so far! Although I've sorted and inventoried my yarns, I have yet to come up with a good way to store it all, so it is currently back in the bags and stashed back into closets and the corner of my bedroom - and all over the living room, lol! I have a serious space issue in this place, can't store them in the basement due to the smell down there (not a very useful storage area when you
can't use it), and there is simply no space large enough for me to crate them all in Rubbermaid totes and keep them in the main part of the house. But at least they are a bit more organized (all the cottons are together, all the threads, etc) and I know what I have. Someday maybe I'll get lucky enough to have a bigger house...

I didn't inventory or photograph my bead collection, though that is still a relatively small one. Maybe sometime soon. It's time I reviewed those again, so I can remember what I have.

And now, to figure out what to do with my pattern collection! I had one large box with all my old crochet mags and patterns still sitting downstairs. I brought them up last night, with the intention of browsing through them looking for some specific kinds of patterns, but I didn't get far - the smell was atrocious! The box and all it's contents have sat outside in the sun all day today, hopefully getting a bit of an airing. I will have to do more, however, because after spending several hours in the hot sun, they still smell pretty bad. I'm bummed! Most of these magazines and booklets are otherwise in perfect condition...

4 Comments:

  • At 9:12 PM, Blogger Kathy said…

    Try putting the smelly items in a closed container with some charcoal, that absorbs foul odors very well. You could just put a dish of it on top of the stuff, or maybe in an old pillowcase to keep it cleaner.

     
  • At 7:28 AM, Blogger goldi said…

    Hmmm, I've heard this tip before - are we talking about the charcoal such as what is used for bbq's? I will have to locate a tote I can empty to transfer these pattern booklets and magazines to and try that. Anything to salvage my collection and make them usable again! Thanks for the tip!

     
  • At 5:46 PM, Blogger CraftyCritter said…

    WOW...you have A LOT of yarn....
    U should throw a crochet party...Maybe someone will drop a few skeins to add to your collection!
    I love Homespun too but sometimes its a booger to frog!

    Nice collection!!!

     
  • At 12:42 AM, Blogger goldi said…

    Thanks Cordelia! Glad you enjoyed my little show. I'm amazed at how fast my collection grew - it probably wouldn't be so big though if I could actually get all the projects I bought most of it for made! The only thing I haven't managed to successfully squirrel away is TIME, lol!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home