Goldi's Locks of Yarn

My place to discuss my raging obsession with yarn and crochet along with happenings in my life and the world at large

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Insomnia...

Well, I guess this is what happens after you spend 3 days doing nothing but sleeping at the beginning of a vacation. Here it is, 4 am, and I am sitting like a zombie in front of my computer! I feel like I just polished off a whole pot of coffee, even though I only had a total of 3 cups yesterday, most of it before noon. Meeps on the prowl tonight, just had to go break up a catfight a few moments ago. She had some poor little black cat cornered by the side of garage. And here I'm worrying about her? I oughta know better by now, I've seen her kick kitty butts twice her size, fer cripes sake! She is very territorial. So here I am, out there running around in my tie-dyed leggings and leather slippers with a big flashlight in the early morning hours, chasing after two cats, one of 'em mine, lol! Kinda glad the neighbors are all sawing logs right now!

I s'pose I can go try to crochet myself to sleep, but that's usually not too good for the crochet, probably end up having to frog it when I get back up. I've got so much to do today too! Yesterday, I didn't get much accomplished, and I blamed it on not getting to sleep until after dawn, and then being up at 9 - I find it hard to sleep much past that point anymore. Gone are the days of sleeping past noon, they're a far distant memory now! And now it's looking like we'll be having a repeat episode. But dangit! I'm still gonna get those cleaning projects off the ground, even if I have to tank myself up with a double-espresso later this morning! It's THURSDAY already, and my vacation is fast running down. Can you tell I'm going into full-blown PANIC mode? You betcha!

Well, the birds are chirping, and the dawn is breaking over the eastern sky already. Just saw an early-bird neighbor leaving for work. Under normal circumstances I would be wondering how in the world do they do that? I'm no early-bird, just a night-owl who's overextended herself...

Well, hopefully later I will get some pics posted. I found the driver I needed to get the pics off my camera to the computer, but now I have to locate the software I use to resize the images for sharing before I upload them to my photobuckets account. Someday maybe I'll get all my software reinstalled on this durn computer! I'll tell ya, going through a full reformat can be a real pain in the nether regions! Especially when you're as disorganized as I've become in the last few years. At any rate, one of the things I thought I'd try to do is inventory my stash, or some of it at least, and maybe do a little bit of flashing for you voyeurs out there! Due to a bit of budget shifting, it's looking good for me to be able to do just a bit of yarn shopping this week, both for myself and for my swaps. I am looking forward to things starting to ease up a bit for me, finance-wise, starting next month with the opening of overtime season at work. So then I'll get to trade whines - my current "short on money" one for the new "short on time" whine! I'm never satisfied unless I have something to whine about, lol!

Okay, gonna go ahead and post this, and then go crawl into bed with my hook and ball of yarn, see if I can finally lull myself to sleep for a few hours at least. Signs are encouraging, I'm actually starting to yawn! Need to go cultivate this...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home