Goldi's Locks of Yarn

My place to discuss my raging obsession with yarn and crochet along with happenings in my life and the world at large

Monday, June 27, 2005

Knit Picks and - OMG!

First of all, I have to mention that my Knit Picks order arrived on Friday. Because of my B&K commitment, however, I did not spend as much time drooling over my beautiful haul as I would have liked. I will have to save that for later. But I must mention that the Iris Alpaca Cloud I ordered is TO DIE FOR!!! Oh. My. GOD! It is absolutely drool-inspiring! Once I have some headspace, I will put a pic together of the whole shipment, with heavy emphasis on this gorgeous fiber so you can see for yourself. I am beside myself with excitement over it!

And speaking of excitement! I spent part of the afternoon and evening working on the basement (the Pit), another one of those "deadline" deals, as the landlord wants to do some work down there. I think I've got things at least tidied up enough so I won't be majorly embarrassed for him to see the mess down there. But in the process, I discovered a bag of long-lost WIPs! My Bernat Sweety has been resurrected, along with something else I'd completely forgotten about!

I was shocked, SHOCKED I tell you, to discover that I had made 5 complete motifs for the afghan the Sweety was for! I hadn't remembered getting this much done. My only difficulty now will be in figuring out how to eliminate the awful basement smell from my yarn.

The other item was a thread fashion doll blouse I had been in the process of making, no doubt for one of Isis's dolls. I found a whole skein of purple variegated #10 thread with the blouse, as well as my #5 steel hook, one of the 3 or 4 I was missing out of the set I have. I am still missing #4, and possibly up to two others (how high do the numbers go on these hooks? I have up to #12, is there a 13 and 14? There's two slots in the case indicating two more hooks belong in it...). Also in the bag was a booklet of fashion doll crochet outfits.

Now, the only item still missing (that I know of) is the afghan kit that had yarn to be woven through a lattice piece of cloth. Sooner or later, I'll trip over that too.

I'll post pics of these as well as my Knit Picks yarn as soon as I get a chance!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home