Goldi's Locks of Yarn

My place to discuss my raging obsession with yarn and crochet along with happenings in my life and the world at large

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Seraphina on hold

Well, I waffled back and forth on what I wanted to do with my laceweight Seraphina (add more rows or fringe?), finally deciding to add more rows and keep the fringing option open for later. I had fully intended on stopping with the 4 row series I had commenced upon making that decision, but when I finished it, I found I was not satisfied with the length of my shawl. I was seriously tempted to finish it up anyway, with the row across the top edge, but then I decided this was foolish - why should I settle for less than what I wanted? And so I started a new 4 row series...

Only problem is that I will soon run out of yarn, and it will likely be a few more weeks yet before I will be in the position to be able to order more. The yarn has been holding out pretty well so far, I've made it halfway through row 3 of the new series without running out yet, but I figure I've got at least 5 more rows to go before the shawl will be the length I'm seeking, then I will need enough for the finishing edge. I know I haven't got enough for that. It's doubtful I'll make it through row 4 of the current series before I run out. So, Seraphina will have to be put on hold for a few weeks, until I can get more of the Knitpicks Shimmer in Mist.

I had been planning on placing an order there anyway in a couple of weeks, as soon as the money becomes available. There are several other yarns they have that I have been lusting for. I wouldn't even think of placing an order with them for less than $30 anyway, would rather all my money went to yarn instead of some of it for shipping. My only problem will be reining myself in and limiting myself to the $30!

As soon as I can find that pesky little driver, I will post updated shots of my Seraphina, which I took on Thursday, along with a few other pics I want to share. Once my head is working better, it shouldn't take me long to find it. Right now, it's hard enough to find my bed, the way I feel. Meeps has been hanging close by for the most part, she doesn't like it when mommy isn't feeling well.

Okay, I'm all taxed out, gonna post this and then it's back to bed for awhile. **sigh**

2 Comments:

  • At 8:19 AM, Blogger Deneen said…

    I have been coveting that Shimmer for so long....can't get it yet. I agree with getting the full $30 for the free shipping, which is why I haven't bought yet. I tend to nickel and dime myself with yarn, never spending a ton in one shot. I can't wait to see pics of it done in the Shimmer though.

     
  • At 10:19 PM, Blogger goldi said…

    I'll have to tell you Deneen, that yarn is WONDERFUL! I can hardly stand to handle the acrylic yarns anymore because of it, lol! It's incredibly soft. I'd love to order several hanks of it in every color they've got, if I had the money... I do plan to get one or two more, though, as part of my purchase. Even though it's a lot more work, I love the results I'm getting with the laceweight yarn.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home