Goldi's Locks of Yarn

My place to discuss my raging obsession with yarn and crochet along with happenings in my life and the world at large

Friday, June 17, 2005

Vacations can breed such BAD habits!

Okay, I'm resisting sleep now, trying to wring just a few more things out of my day. I probably could have tumbled into bed and drifted off to sleep about 2 hours ago, which is closer to the time I'm normally used to finding my pillow (even on the worknights, amazingly enough), but I kept fighting off the fatigue much like the stubborn child does, lol! This week is moving too fast for me now, and I can feel myself trying to dig in my heels to slow it down, much like I do every Sunday night.

I didn't get a huge amount accomplished yesterday, but I did get some done, and it feels like the energy has come unstuck. I'm not feeling as overwhelmed now, so I should begin to see some results from my efforts over the remaining 3 days of my vacation week. I know it won't be anywhere near what I had hoped to accomplish, but I figure if I can get the momentum going, I will be able to keep making progress. It's always been the "getting started" where I've had so much trouble, progress-wise. Once I get going, I can be like a runaway train, hard to stop, lol!

I removed the old, tired custom cover from the couch and two of the pillows, but did not remove the original cover from them. I will have to preserve them until I can get replacements. Two others had deteriorated so badly inside the double-layer of covers that I couldn't remove the outer one, or I would have had crumbled foam rubber everywhere! The fifth one, which was the first I removed from all the covers went straight to the trash. There was no way I was going to try to stuff it back into the zippered case. Phil seems to think I will have no trouble finding what I need for relatively little money, and he will be keeping an eye out too. He's a premier shopper, and as a courier, he gets around to a lot of places, so I suspect I won't have long to wait.

Going from the tired taupe to the fairly decent-condition white (there are a few small stains, but I can live with them. They're not too blatantly in your face) has absolutely opened up and brightened my tiny living room! I then spent the rest of the afternoon/evening going through the part of my stash that I had stuffed around the chair I sit in to crochet, and took some pics as promised. So I will post those, and then I will quit fighting it and take myself off to bed, asap! Tomorrow (okay, today, if you must!) will be a very busy day. And I will have more stash to flash, as I start digging it out of the closets and my bedroom, where the bulk of it currently resides.

So, next up: Flashin' the stash!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home