Goldi's Locks of Yarn

My place to discuss my raging obsession with yarn and crochet along with happenings in my life and the world at large

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Yarn Addicts Unite!

So, I've gone ahead and joined the "Yarn Addicts Unite" webring. Am I a yarn addict? Uh, well, yeah - so what of it?! This one was a no-brainer, all I had to do was look around my house at the stacks of bags of yarn tucked into every nook and cranny in every room (except the kitchen and bathroom), and ponder the eleven pounds of yarn that are right now wending their way to my greedy little hands! Yeah, despite being broke as hell, I still manage to find ways to feed my addiction, most often by not feeding myself... Well, okay, I'm not starving - I have far more food stashed in this house by an addict of another kind when he stayed here - Mr. Phil, who apparently suffers from fears of not enough to eat such that when he cooks, he makes enough for an army! So much of it lands in the freezer, just waiting to be plundered at a later date. Which is a good thing, because that means I can just "heat and eat", thereby leaving more time to play with my yarn! I am sooo not into cooking still.

Starting next weekend, I will be home for 9 glorious days! One of my plans for that time off is to inventory and record all my yarn, and I will see about putting together a "flash your stash" post before the vacation week is over.

Oh yeah, I belong! And I'm damn proud of it!

3 Comments:

  • At 8:36 PM, Blogger Mimi said…

    Hi Goldi! Nice to get to know you through your blog (hope you don't mind) - from another stashaholic

     
  • At 11:57 PM, Blogger goldi said…

    Thanks mimi! And of course I don't mind, in fact I'm flattered! I think we have the best disorder around, too! I will now go check out your blog too, so I can get to know you as well! Just took a peek before posting this, and I now know you are in the Philippines - it's so exciting to be able to get to know people from other countries, especially those with common interests such as ours! I will be posting a comment at your blog, for sure!

     
  • At 11:37 AM, Blogger Mimi said…

    Thanks, that's so nice of you to say! I'm new to this "blogging" and being quite reserved, have not much to say in my blog. But its good to know we have some things in common and that's being yarnaholics, being moms, being women and other stuff...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home