Goldi's Locks of Yarn

My place to discuss my raging obsession with yarn and crochet along with happenings in my life and the world at large

Monday, June 20, 2005

Your order is on the way!

"Your Knit Picks order shipped 06/20/2005! Your package shipped Best Way and will arrive in 5-14 calendar days."

OOOH - an email message to make a yarn addict's heart go pitter pat! Mine's racing a mile a minute ::grins widely and rubs hands with glee:: Hmmm, need some lotion here...

If I get as lucky as I did with my first order, I should be holding my yarn in my greedy little hands before this week is over!

If, by some small chance, you haven't discovered Knit Picks yet - I enthusiastically recommend it for the most luscious natural fiber yarn at an affordable price anywhere! Check them out!

Well, it was back to work today. Last night, with my usual excited anticipation for Monday to get here (yeah, right. LOL!), I managed to stay up until the cows - er, Meeps - came home, somewhere in the vicinity of 3 or 3:30 am. Considering that I'm now half-catatonic from exhaustion, I think I will try to wrap up my garbage-collecting duties and get it all to the curb, then proceed with my nightly ritual of preparing for the next day. I will follow that up with a session of crocheting, if I can stay awake. And somehow I intend to be in dreamland by midnight. Hopefully, I won't experience my usual "second wind" routine, which has wrecked many a similar plan in the past and set me up for further zombie-like states. And then I wonder why I've developed the annoying tendency to sneak dumb mistakes into my work, requiring huge frogging sessions! We shall see as the evening progresses. At least I hope it's progressive!

4 Comments:

  • At 7:55 AM, Blogger Deneen said…

    Are you trying to kill me or what????? I have been drooling over Knit Picks for months, just can't scrape it up lately! Lucky gal, I'm sure you'll post pics :p

    I find when I crochet late at night, I make small stupid mistakes and when I wake up in the orning and look at my work, I have no clue why I would have done it.....lesson is, don't hook when you're tired!

     
  • At 10:30 AM, Blogger Sara said…

    oooo. I love Knit Picks. Such good prices and the search engine on their site is awesome.

     
  • At 1:41 PM, Blogger goldi said…

    Well, gals - it only took me over a week to get it done, but the pics are now up!

    Re corcheting when you're tired, if I tried to follow that rule, I'd never get to crochet at all! So I'm choosing to muddle and frog my way through, and even though it's slow going, at least I AM getting some projects accomplished! It would be great if it didn't have to be this way, but we work with what we've got, eh?

     
  • At 1:43 PM, Blogger goldi said…

    And obviously I am still typing-challenged as well! Since I can't go back and correct my stupid mistypings in these comments as far as I can see, I will just have to leave the dumb thing there, :sigh: I HATE when I flip my letters!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home