Goldi's Locks of Yarn

My place to discuss my raging obsession with yarn and crochet along with happenings in my life and the world at large

Sunday, July 10, 2005

I feel so pampered!

Here is the lovely Christmas in July gift I received from a Crochetville Elf from Alabama this week:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I have already put all of it to use, am really enjoying the lotion and lip balm especially, they smell wonderful. I just adore (the real stuff) Vanilla - and I really love that washcloth! It is working out to becoming my absolute favorite one, and I suspect I may end up wearing it out from using it so much. Many many THANKS to you, my friend from Alabama, whoever you are!

I am hoping to get my chosen items together for this Christmas in July swap over this next week or two and get them out the door. I didn't get much of an opportunity to study the wishlists for more than a few moments snatched here and there all last week, which has been making it difficult for me to get myself organized for this. I need to clear enough space at the kitchen table and get a light set up there so I can have a place to sit and have enough room for writing notes, cards etc, and reading the lists I printed out, as well as to prepare the mailers. I'm glad this swap runs to the end of July, so many have been showered by generous elves early in the game, I'm looking at my slow start on this project as a way of making this swap last all the way to the end! Hey, it's a good excuse, right?

It also means taking a break from my main focus of working on my reveal project for my secret pal. I am hoping I can get this project done in less than 2 weeks, as I want to make sure she gets it well before the end of the month, mainly because I discovered that she will be travelling and I'd like her to have this for her trip. I will be glad to reach the "reveal" stage with her so that I can speak a little less cryptically about these projects I've been working on, and even get to share some pics of what I've done!

Okay, one more pic and post to share, and then I'm back on my project (and, hopefully, perhaps a dyeing session too? I'm hoping). Once it cools down a bit, I also have to get outside and do some yard work, not to mention a bit of housecleaning - I just love trying to cram a weekend's worth of work into one day! But I was gone for most of yesterday, so there wasn't much of an opportunity to get much done, other than finishing up my 2 small projects for my secret pal gal. But more about that later.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:29 PM, Blogger Deneen said…

    I have been staggering my "elf droppings" at a few per week. They're packaged up, but I still have a few things I want to make to send out too. The postage is killing me! That's why I am holding off sending them all at once. When I looked at the thank you posts today, I am amazed, but not surprised by the generosity of C'ville members. I then realized it was only July 10th with 3 weeks to go, so I shall slow down on shipments. I may even squeeze in some stuff I want to make to send out.

    So I guess what I'm saying, through the long way, is you still have three weeks!

     
  • At 9:07 PM, Blogger Jewels said…

    wow, I don't know if anything could be better than a vanilla pamper! What a nice elving for you to receive.

     
  • At 9:51 PM, Blogger goldi said…

    Hi jewels, no I can't think of much else better than a vanilla pamper myself! I'm really enjoying this one!

    Deneen, you absolutely cracked me up! "Elf droppings"??? ROFLMAO! That's great!

    I'm so glad I still have a few weeks, though, as I do have a bunch of stuff, just gotta get it all organized. As little time as I have, and as slow as I am with the crocheting lately, I doubt I'd be able to make anything in time for this, though. Darn! But of course, there's always the ongoing RAOK, so all is not lost!

    Now if Meeps will let me concentrate, maybe I'll make a bit more progress on this current project. But she did give me another nice photo-op, will try to get those pics posted before I wander off to bed for the night.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home