Goldi's Locks of Yarn

My place to discuss my raging obsession with yarn and crochet along with happenings in my life and the world at large

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

I will NOT let this beat me!

Setbacks and more setbacks. At lunch today, Isis helped as best she could with trying to untangle that stubborn yarn, all to no avail. But between us, we managed to free up enough of it so that I could at least finish the row. Even after I cut it and started up with the next color row, she kept at it, now having a free end - which should have made it easier. As she put it, it's like this yarn is refusing to be untangled. A half hour goes by quickly, and I was in fact, late getting back to my desk (and fortunately did not have to suffer the indignity of a dressing-down over it, which would not have gone over well with this PMS-crazed woman!).

I managed to grab a short bit of time during my afternoon break to work a few stitches, and then... ::Sigh:: I discovered a missed stitch on the previous row, my nemesis row, that cursed row! All I had time to do at that point, besides sigh like crazy and stifle the tears of frustration that threatened, was pull out the half row I had managed to work between lunch and break, and mark the spot where I need to rip back to on that evil row. As soon as I post this, I will go do the necessary frogging and REstitching, and hopefully I will be able to make it safely beyond this danger zone, with smoother sailing ahead. I say it will be so, and it is so, damn it!

I would have been at it sooner, but was reminded that I had a dentist appointment this evening, just got home. I was also reminded that tomorrow after work is the barbecue at my boss's house that I had agreed to attend. I do hope she doesn't mind if I crochet while hobnobbing with fellow employees, because I simply can't lose a whole evening's worth of crochet time! I also plan to leave somewhat early, as early as I can without insulting her, so I can get home and hopefully make progress. I have a lot of catching up to do before I will be able to even say I'm "making progress", will see how many rows I manage to accomplish tonight.

One way or another I am going to get this project done! I know how pretty it's gonna be, and that it is very worth all the trouble I'm going through to make it. I am going to try to stay calm and as relaxed as I can manage as I work on it, and hopefully will be able to maintain the needed focus and concentration that will serve to protect me from making the incredibly dumb errors I've made. I had been doing very well with the first 24 rows, gonna see if I can get back into that groove again. Wish me luck!

2 Comments:

  • At 1:30 AM, Blogger Kimberly said…

    Go go go!! You can do it! (think of that in a perky cheerleader voice.....oh ugh, don't do that - me and cheerleaders *shudder* perish the thought!!) Bonne chance!!

     
  • At 8:02 AM, Blogger goldi said…

    LOL! Okay, will put the pom poms away in my imagination... Thanks for the support! I can be my own worst critic, especially when I KNOW I should be able to do better than I am. It's just been soooo frustrating! But I'm not gonna let this get me down, I'm fighting on!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home