Goldi's Locks of Yarn

My place to discuss my raging obsession with yarn and crochet along with happenings in my life and the world at large

Sunday, July 17, 2005

I'm now Officially Certifiable!

As if there was ever any doubt.

Last Sunday, I reluctantly relinquished the plans I'd had for making a trek to the fabulous JoAnns near where I work, after having blown my yarn budget at the Arcadia Knitting shop the previous day. I'd had notions and plans of stocking up on a bunch of Lustersheen as well as what remained of the limited supply of Cotton-ease they had at clearance prices at a further reduced price. I had figured that by Monday, there wouldn't be much left, seeing as how I think everyone suffers from the same malady I do.

Monday, figuring I would go and mourn my loss, I stopped in on my way home. Wheeee! There was still LOTS of my coveted yarn left! So I whipped out my collection of coupons and went to work, slithering out of there with a little over $20 worth of yarn after all discounts had been applied! I felt satisfied, my need for yarn having been fully satiated - at least for awhile!

Friday, I made one more pass-through, mainly to pick up a couple of specific yarns I needed for requested projects. Seeing as how this would be my last opportunity before the sale was over (it's foolish to drive 40 miles to a store on the weekend when you work near there, after all, what with these gas prices and all!), and I just couldn't resist grabbing some more of that yarn, which I was surprised to find was still available! I even grabbed some of the Homespun that was on clearance, getting it at an unheard-of price of $2.10 each! Five skeins, and I was wishing there was more (I emptied the bin). It's probably a good thing there wasn't, it's not like I'm about to run out of Homespun anytime soon, lol! But I liked this blend of neutral colors, not sure what I will make from it yet...

I am positively Certifiable! I have stuffed the hall closet now with bags of yarn, the second closet I have filled, and I still have piles of bags in both the bedroom and living room! I think I have enough yarn now, time to start making something of it all! I stash yarn like some people stash food, fer cryin' out loud! And I just can't seem to stop.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

If I suddenly go quiet for a very long period of time, it's a good bet I'm up to my eyeballs trying to crochet this stash down a bit! I have ideas for most all of it, just need to find enough time to get everything done. At the rate I'm going, I might need a few extra lifetimes, though!

(Sorry, Deneen - I just know you're gonna accuse me of torturing you again! I wish I could stop, really I do! I'm not doing this on purpose!)

It has taken some real creative flair to fit this into my budget, of course. It's gonna be a bit tight heading down the stretch to payday, but unless I missed something (I hope not!!!), I should be able to make it, with pennies to spare, lol!

Okay, so this is it, for now! Somehow I need to save at least a little bit of extra out of the next paycheck or two for spending money for the Stitches Midwest conference coming up next month! I'm hoping to get a knitting lesson there to get me rolling with that, something to look forward to. And of course, there will be yarn...

Yup - certifiable! AND incorrigible.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:53 AM, Blogger Melissa said…

    Buying yarn IS so addictive...that's why I have floor to ceiling shelves full plus 5 or 6 58 quart sized tubs full of yarn! Happy stashing; you're definitely not alone!

     
  • At 7:48 AM, Blogger Deneen said…

    You ARE torturing me!!! I went my my bitty JA the other day and cajoled them about their crappy yarn selection. They went on to tell me a super JA was supposed to come to the town, but they keep putting it off. They have no cotton-ease, no lustersheen, nothing ever on clearance. Aaaargh!!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home