Goldi's Locks of Yarn

My place to discuss my raging obsession with yarn and crochet along with happenings in my life and the world at large

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Riding the Gravy Train

Well, gonna try and make a post from work (from my sneaky remote location, more about that sometime later) since I absolutely have no time to write from home – I’m too busy crocheting!

I managed to get about 2 rows done at lunch yesterday, was itching to do more but unfortunately, work got in the way. Oh well! Left work a little early to go to the boss’s house for a bbq which I had forgotten about until I was reminded Tuesday, the same day I discovered I had the dentist appt.

The get-together was very nice, my boss has a lovely home and it was really nice hanging out in a pretty setting, with her husband playing a five-star restaurant waiter to hilarious perfection! I had thought about bringing my crochet project in with me, but I just didn’t feel right about it when I arrived, so I left it in the car. It probably would have been fine to do so, but by the time I’d figured that out, I didn’t feel comfortable running back out to the car to get it. I decided to wait until I got home, with the hope that I wouldn’t feel too pressured by the lateness of the hour and how much I would need to do to make my minimum goal for the day.

It was about 9:15 pm when I got home to my hot little box, and Meeps made her getaway quick, choosing not to linger at wrapping herself around my feet in greeting. I barely saw her the rest of the evening/night! But I got windows opened and fans running, and soon the house cooled down to acceptable levels. I took the barest of minutes to go online and check emails, and the forum, and then it was off to the crocheting races!

By the time I fell into bed last night (this morning), I managed to get 7 rows completed and about a 3rd of the 8th row done, for a total of over 9 rows done yesterday! Woo Hoo! I think I’m gonna make it!

I’m getting ambitious again, as I am feeling much more confident and less mistake-prone, so I am going to set the bar for today at 10 rows minimum, more if I can. This will get me close to the (calculated) halfway mark of this project, with Friday’s efforts hopefully carrying me over that point. And then I’m gonna REALLY go to it over the weekend! Maybe I’ll even surprise myself and manage to get it completed by Sunday night! Well, except for the weaving in of the ends, that’s going to take some time by itself.

So, I’m feeling worlds better than I did the other night, when I had my 12 row setback followed by numerous errors caused by my hysteria, no doubt. And I’m gonna ride this gravy train all the way to the station!

Okay, so now I have to quit fooling around and get back to work, while I watch the storm roll in. Will there be rain? It’s looking promising. But much as we need it up by where I live too, I hope it misses us there – this time! Why? Because like a dope, I forgot to shut the house down this morning, all the windows are wide open and two fans blowing from their respective windows. It’s like I’ve invited the rain right in!

Updates will be reported when I can tear my hook out of my hand! I can hardly wait to show this project off, but I’ll wait until my secret pal gets her dibs in on that. I know she’s gonna like this!

1 Comments:

  • At 1:49 PM, Blogger Kimberly said…

    Yay! Here comes another round of the *ugh* cheerleader - Gooooooo Goldi Go! *clap clap clap* Gooooooo Goldi Go Go! *clap clap clap* Go go go Goldi Go! You can do it!! Gooooooooooooooooo Goldi!!

    I'm still over here cheering you on to the finish line!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home