Goldi's Locks of Yarn

My place to discuss my raging obsession with yarn and crochet along with happenings in my life and the world at large

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Wonderful Gifties!

One of my Christmas in July gifts received this week was a package containing two patterns I had been coveting for some time now: the Spiderweb Skirt pattern, which can be seen here, and one of Marlo's crocheted Felted Bag patterns! (One of these days, when I have the money, I want to get them all - I think they are ALL fabulous!) I was thrilled to pieces to receive these! Although my generous Elf decided to remain anonymous, I have my suspicions of who it might be, but I will honor her desire to remain anonymous even while I thank her profusely for granting some of my biggest wishes. Christmas Elf, you ROCK!

My secret pal also gifted me this week with the Spiderweb Skirt, having purchased it directly from Josi's website, and I am grateful to her for making my possession of this wonderful pattern legal - I can also not worry about misplacing the printed pattern now that I have the file (which I will also be backing up, several times as I am totally paranoid about these things!). That was a sweet and WONDERFUL gift, Secret Pal - I can't thank you enough! I look forward to knowing who you are soon, too. I have some ideas who you might be, based on a few clues you've given me (some inadvertently), though I haven't really made any effort to find out for sure yet, mainly because I haven't had much time to do the investigating, lol! I'll know soon enough as this swap winds down to the end of the month.

So, I now have that coveted skirt pattern, and I have the materials I need to make it. I am planning on using the Cottonease I picked up from JoAnns a couple of weeks ago at clearance prices. Here's the pic I posted of my shopping haul that day - I had remembered reading that it would take about 10 balls of that yarn for the skirt, and I thought this color, called Pistachio, would work great for the pattern - and I was feeling very optimistic aout getting the pattern, so I loaded up my cart!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Now that I have everything I need, I am signing on to the CAL that was started for this pattern, and hopefully I will be able to get started on it in a few weeks, depending on how quickly I can wrap up some WIPs and a couple of requested projects.

With everything I have going on, crochet-wise, I have gotten very backed up with everything else. To friends who are wondering where I've disappeared to, I apologize for my vanishing act, but it was necessary so that I could concentrate on getting my deadline projects done. I will probably take a break from the swaps for a little while so that I can get some other things caught up, including networking activities which needed to take a backseat for awhile. Besides, the news doesn't seem to change much from day to day anyway - it's still mostly bad, so it's best to step away from it sometimes. And I am still finding myself easily overwhelmed lately, so I must continue to restrict those activities to once in awhile, for my own health's sake.

Okay, this post has rambled off into never-neverland! I have a few more things I'd like to publish, and then I must get going on my to-do list for today, as well as my big secret pal project...

3 Comments:

  • At 8:24 PM, Blogger Deneen said…

    Stop torturing me!!!! I went my my super small Joann's and they had no Cotton-Ease and nothing on clearance and they never do!! I think they have a wall about 12' long for yarn that's it!

     
  • At 8:55 PM, Blogger Jewels said…

    your spiderweb skirt will look great in that color. and such a nice pyramid of yarn haul too!

     
  • At 9:33 PM, Blogger goldi said…

    Thank you jewels - it's a lovely shade of green, I thought so too!

    And Deneen - I'm so sorry for you! If it's much of a consolation (I know it isn't, and it really won't be when you read my latest post, lol!), but I didn't get to go clean up at JoAnns after all. This particular JA is a brand-new one that is a couple of miles from where I work. My local one is almost as bad as yours, though they are trying - they have rolling bins in the middle of the floor with a small selection of yarn now, as well as several big shipping crates that they just drag in from the storage area. They are certainly not wasting any effort at providing a fancy display of the yarn inventory, that's for sure!

    Oh, and until I got that pyramid of Cotton-ease, I hadn't even been able to find any in ANY of the craft stores I'd been haunting in both Wisconsin AND Illinois! I finally lucked out when this JA finally put some up on the shelves, they didn't have it before. They'd had a whole ton of that color and only a few balls each of a couple of other colors, and if I could have afforded it I would have cleared the shelves of it. After today, it's likely to all be gone now...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home