Goldi's Locks of Yarn

My place to discuss my raging obsession with yarn and crochet along with happenings in my life and the world at large

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Angel Hair!

Here is my completed Angel Hair scarf...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

You can also get a better view here.

Please excuse the excessive shadows and somewhat blurry images - thanks to the airflow due to all the fans I have blowing in this room, it was a tad difficult to photograph the resulting "moving target"! Drove me nuts, lol! But you should be able to see the rich color and fuzzy quality of this yarn (by checking out the larger-sized pic in the link above) - it is incredibly SOFT! It feels WONDERFUL wrapped around my neck, and will be a fabulously warm addition to any winter wardrobe. This scarf took me a little over 1 and 1/2 skeins to make it, at 6 inches wide by 60 inches long, excluding fringe. I worked this up using a Crystallite "N" hook, and the yarn is marvelously easy to work with, a real treat for the hands!

I am looking to find a nice little "bucket" style hat to go with this scarf now. I think it will make a nice little set, a perfect gift item. This one will be going to my daughter (Isis: avert your eyes!).

1 Comments:

  • At 4:54 AM, Blogger jaclim said…

    Love this one as well! Great job on your scarves, Deb! I'm sure your officemates will snap them all up! Good luck!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home