Goldi's Locks of Yarn

My place to discuss my raging obsession with yarn and crochet along with happenings in my life and the world at large

Sunday, August 21, 2005

from Weather Underground: Some of the best photos I've seen in awhile!

Wanted to share a "photo pick of the day" with you all, but two of them tied for the honor so I will share them both. I often get lost in the photo gallery at Weather Underground (my favorite online weather station), and have managed to collect a pretty decent number of spectacularly breath-taking photos from around the world to be used as wallpaper on my computer. These two are some of the best I've seen:

Reflecting on a sunny morning

Night Mists

This is my current wallpaper - isn't it nice? There is something very calming about this picture, I love it - and it looks great on my desktop!
Thunderstorm on Charlotte Harbor And Sunset

I am nearly done with the Wildberries scarf - the colors seemed rather dark last night, but then again, that was the crappy lighting in my house, lol! When I looked at it this morning, these colors really pop! But I'm a tad miffed at Lion, am thinking of writing to them to complain. BOTH of the skeins had a section - well into the yardage - where it was TIED, a KNOT! I'm sorry, but if the yarn breaks, or it runs short, than it shouldn't be sold as a full-price yarn, it should go in a "seconds" pile to be sold at a lower price! This yarn is no RHSS, we are paying premium dollars for a small amount of yarn. It should be unblemished. I've run into this on occasion with the Homespun too, and I know others have also complained about it. Makes me mad!

3 Comments:

  • At 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yo there, awsome blog! I'm bookmarking you now.
    I've got a pet supply plus site/blog. It has pet supply plus related stuff.

    Check this out some time :-)

     
  • At 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Books to fall for
    NEW YORK - As autumn approaches, the book world is still searching for this year's great American novel.
    You have done a great job on setting up your Blog. Your site will definately
    be bookmarked.

    I am in the process of setting up a valuable coin
    site/blog. It's basically a resource site which covers valuable coin related stuff.

    Please let me know what you think if you have time to check it out.

     
  • At 12:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi,

    I just browsing through some blogs to get some ideas for mine, I hope you don't mind. I would like your opinion because you have a great blog here!

    I wish to start writing about road map for long island What do you think?

    Come and check out my site let me know if you think my topic would spark an interest.

    Best regards,

    Lonny

     

Post a Comment

<< Home