Goldi's Locks of Yarn

My place to discuss my raging obsession with yarn and crochet along with happenings in my life and the world at large

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Modelling my Winged Hair Kerchief

Okay, I'd promised pics today! Finally got them all downloaded and ready for prime time.

Here are a couple of pics of me wearing my nifty headgear, the Winged Hair Kerchief designed by Tiggzie from Crochetville. I did not include a flower on mine, maybe someday I'll get around to making one I can pin on here. I just loooove this headscarf, and as soon as I can find time, want to make a couple more in different colors. I've received many compliments on this! But my primary reason for it is a practical one: I needed something to protect my hair while driving with my car windows wide open. For that purpose, this works mahvelously! It drives me batty to have loose hair blowing all over my face, and the scarf keeps everything nice and tidy.

Oh, and as a bonus, you get to see my rarely-spotted tattoo, my Bird of Paradise (that has faded with age, it's nearly 30 years old now)!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Hmmm, as I was writing this up, a thought occurred to me for a modified version of this pattern. I'm not always wild about how the kerchief sits (or "flies") in the back and have been trying to think of ways to "batten it down" a bit. Rather than attaching the ties to the tips, perhaps if I make one LONG tie and weave it all the way from one tip down to the point and back up to the other tip, I can then "gather" the edges as I tie it in the back, so the whole thing becomes like a cap... I will have to play with that and see how it works.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home