Goldi's Locks of Yarn

My place to discuss my raging obsession with yarn and crochet along with happenings in my life and the world at large

Monday, August 01, 2005

Sheesh - where does the TIME go?

Okay, well, I was going to post the pics of my newly dyed yarn. And write about some other stuff too. But I went and got myself lost in a newly found blog and have found it hard to tear myself away from reading it, been at it most of the evening. If you choose to visit this blog (out of curiosity, mind you), you may initially run into the same problem I did when visiting the front page - messed-up formatting. I strongly suspect this may be because I am using Mozilla, and the page is formatted for viewing in IE (I run into that on occasion). Easiest solution is to click on the permalink of the first message which will take you to a page with all the postings for that month. And then, you will get an eyeful! This man has been at it, blogging for 3 years, so I doubt I'll be able to catch up soon on everything he's written, but that doesn't mean I won't be trying! Definitely check out Fragments from Floyd! I came to that blog from a link posted - where else? - in another blog I was reading, from bloglines (will I ever catch up? Not in this lifetime!). Just went back and dug it up, it was findingher by fellow CVille member Jennifa...


Well, here it is around midnight already (I swear, that clock just moves too fast for me!), and I still have to go jump in the shower. I suspect I'll be putting that off for morning now, since the hair needs washing and I hate going to bed with wet hair. I'm also hoping to finish up the fourth row on my Seraphina, but even if I only get halfway down the back end of that row, I'll still leave the weekend feeling like I made major progress. Once that's done, there's only 4 more rows to go to the finish line! It was a bit tough working on it this evening, though. I hadn't really paid all that much attention to the weather until it forced me to. It didn't get too uncomfortable here until the late afternoon, when the temps peaked in the 90's. But it feels fine now. I don't anticipate any problems sleeping tonight, but will have a fan blowing on me just in case.

Not ready for work tomorrow - but then again, I'm never ready for Mondays! And tomorrow promises to be particularly brutal, seeing as how I'm so behind on things, and they've all got to be caught up tomorrow. ::Sigh::

Better get going on the preps though, time's aflyin'! I'll get the pics of my newly-dyed yarn processed through tomorrow for posting. I'm thinking I probably would have had better results had I left the purple out, but who knows, maybe it'll surprise me. Beyond that, and the problem of the dyes running together and hitting parts of my yarn I'd rather they hadn't, it really doesn't look too bad, all told.

Thanks for the comments Deneen - and Kimberly: mucho gratitude for the pom pom wielding, may they rest in peace! Your encouragement really kept me going, let me tell you!

Well, I have lots more I'd like to say, but this engine is out of gas for the night (not to mention I'm out of time), so I will have to save it for later, as usual. There is so much I have to say, never seem to be able to find the time to compose my thoughts properly lately, and the flagging energy is certainly no help! I really need to work on that gas capacity, the tank seems to have shrunk quite a bit... Either that or octane needs to be increased. And I do wish Time would slow down and start behaving, too! Well, I'll get around to the important stuff eventually. As the old saying goes: "this too shall pass". That bed is looking mighty inviting right about now...

1 Comments:

  • At 12:44 PM, Blogger fred said…

    Hi Goldi,

    Thanks for the kind words. I'm sorry my front page looks 'off' in your browser. I use Firefox myself (a flavor of Mozilla) and all is well. Do let me know if you find other explanations for the distortion; I'd like to make it work as right as possible for as many as posible. Good blogging to ya!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home