Goldi's Locks of Yarn

My place to discuss my raging obsession with yarn and crochet along with happenings in my life and the world at large

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Taffy Boucle!

Last but not least for today, we have the Lion Brand Boucle scarf I finished up around noonish today. Wouldn't you know it, but JoAnns has this yarn on sale this week! I do believe I will pick up some skeins in different colors and whip up a few more of these scarves for a "quick sale" item, I suspect I will be able to move these fairly quickly. This one took me probably about an hour and a half total to make, with only 2 skeins of the yarn! I deliberately made this one skinny and a bit shorter because of it's bulkiness, and made a chain-loop fringe. It is 4 inches wide and, including the fringe, is 60 inches long, made on a Crystallite "L" hook.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I had a dickens of a time photographing this one! Here's a shot of it on the hanger hooked on my backyard fence, with the wind adding it's own challenge - and here I'd brought it outside to avoid the problem caused by fans as well as lack of light! Oh well.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here's a larger shot of it, in the less-friendly confines of this room, lol! Go away shadows!

I'm sure I could further embellish this scarf and make it even fancier, but then that would drive up the cost, forcing me to set a higher price on these, and like I'd mentioned earlier, everyone's been crying broke at work, so I want to provide something that I can set a reasonable price on. Best of all, I can crank quite a few of these out pretty quick. Having the yarn on sale will be a mighty big bonus, so it looks like other WIPs and projects will be getting moved down the list for awhile. I need to strike while the iron's hot!

Nevertheless, this one's mine! I just LOVE the color combinations on this one!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:02 PM, Blogger Jewels said…

    great idea using the loopy fringe!

     
  • At 4:52 AM, Blogger jaclim said…

    That's a beautiful scarf, Deb! Love the color and the drape!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home