Goldi's Locks of Yarn

My place to discuss my raging obsession with yarn and crochet along with happenings in my life and the world at large

Saturday, August 27, 2005

Wonderful little giftie!

I was RAOK'd today! What a wonderfully uplifting feeling it is to have someone take the time to send you a much-coveted beautiful gift! I received a generous sample of roving from Deb, aka Dudleyspinner, who makes some truly gorgeous dyed rovings! There should be enough here for me to make a felted change purse, which will give me a chance to try out working with roving as well as felting a project - both first time efforts. I can hardly wait to get it going! Of course, I will document my experience here (after all, that's what this blog is about, right?). I'm nervous and excited all at once, lol! Thank you so much, Deb!

Here are a couple of pics of this soft and luscious hunk of wool:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I realize that it appears that the two pictures are identical, but due to the angle of the setting sun, each picture drew out the colors in this roving in a different way, emphasizing certain colors, so I figured I'd share them both. If you want to get a closer (or rather, larger) view of these shots, to see what I'm talking about (especially if you are as much of a color/fiber junkie as me!), take a look here and here. You will have to hit your "Back" button to return to this page after viewing each link, unfortunately, as I still don't know how to set it up to make the links open up in a new window instead of replacing this one. If anyone knows how to do that, I'd be eternally grateful if you'd share the secret!

Okay, now I'm off to go crochet. I'm amazed at how quickly I frittered my evening away without getting much of anything done yet! Oh well...

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home