Goldi's Locks of Yarn

My place to discuss my raging obsession with yarn and crochet along with happenings in my life and the world at large

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Harvest Warmth

I'm going to grab a quick moment here and post my latest completed project, which I've been meaning to do for several days now, but... Well, you know how it is!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is my Harvest Shawl, which I completed (very) late Sunday night, just in time for me to wear it to work on Halloween. It is made from nearly 4 full skeins of Lion Brand's Homespun in the Harvest colorway, a very autumnal blend of greens and oranges which I love! The greens didn't show up as strongly in this picture, but they are very well represented, believe me! The shawl was worked in a basic hdc "prayer shawl" pattern, but I wanted to fancy up all the edges a bit, so once I got it as long as I wanted, I proceeded to work 2 rows of hdc all the way around all 4 edges, followed by a row of scallops formed by working a sc-hdc-dc-hdc-sc-ch1 in every 2nd stitch. Then (crazy me), I fringed it with 3 strands per scallop! It took 126 strands, knotted at both ends. This baby is very large and WARM, and I suspect I will be bundling up in it alot through the colder months, which was the basic idea behind the project.

I have a lapghan and some handwarmers planned to complete my winter websurfing wardrobe. As soon as I get off this thing (shortly), I will be working on the second project, which I (barely) started at work today during my very brief lunch.

I am also up to my eyeballs in Christmas projects. Depending on who the recipient is, I may be able to post some of them here once completed, but some may have to wait until after the holidays for their spot on the virtual stage.

Okay, I'm off to go play with my yarn. Hopefully, I will be able to take some time out this weekend to catch up on all the other exciting news I have to impart, including info on my rapidly approaching trip to Dallas. Stay tuned folks!

5 Comments:

  • At 6:19 AM, Blogger Kari said…

    WOW!
    It's absolutly gorgeous!

    I love the colorway. So earthy, you'd almost expect it to smell like fresh fallen leaves lol.
    Great work.

     
  • At 8:12 AM, Blogger Deneen said…

    That is beautiful Goldi! I love the colors and yes, the fringe. Nice job!

     
  • At 5:50 PM, Blogger ladylinoleum said…

    Goldi, is that not the best LB Homespun colorway ever??? Now all that you need is a Turkeyzilla bag and your Autumn look will be complete.

     
  • At 6:54 PM, Blogger goldi said…

    Thank you ladies - and yes, this is a knockout colorway! I LOVE autumnal colors. Regina, I will definitely have to look into that Turkeyzilla bag, don't want my look incomplete that's for sure!

     
  • At 12:24 AM, Blogger Mimi said…

    What a gorgeous shawl, Goldi!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home