Goldi's Locks of Yarn

My place to discuss my raging obsession with yarn and crochet along with happenings in my life and the world at large

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

My New Seraphina project: Iris

I started on this last Sunday, before my world got turned upside-down. I had been planning on taking it as my main working project for the trip I would have been returning from last night, had things gone according to plan. Along with a few other things, I have spent much of my crocheting time working on this, but it's been a bit of a slow go, thanks to a few technical difficulties of the AADD variety. Beside that, I am just plain very slow at crocheting - I doubt I could ever make things fast enough to make money selling them, that's for sure! It doesn't help to be frequently interrupted by a demanding little furry feline who gets jealous of all the attention I pay to my yarn (and this computer, truth be known!).

At any rate, I took this picture several days ago.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I had also at that time discovered yet another one of those dreaded "stupid mistakes", made two rows directly below my stopping point in the picture, necessitating a 2 row frogging session! I had considered trying to fudge it and continue on, but the spot where I'd dropped the stitch was in an increase zone and it would have thrown the pattern off, so a froggin' I went!

I have since reworked the 2 rows I had to frog, and another full 4-row pattern repeat sequence plus the first row of the next one and am now working my way across the second row of this sequence, which when completed will give me 13 shells per half - my previous laceweight finished up at 31 shells per side, so I have some ways to go!

I must be a glutton for punishment, but I just LOVE this pattern in a laceweight yarn! I don't know if I would want to work it in anything heavier anymore. I have several more planned! Maybe if I do enough of them often enough, I'll even get fast at it!

For this project, I am using Knit Picks laceweight "Alpaca Cloud" in a lovely heathered purple, called "Iris", which is what I am calling this shawl. I can't get enough of their laceweight yarns, lol! This is truly a lovely color, even better in "real life" as opposed to the digital image above.

And, for those who might be wondering, I am working this with an aluminum F hook (it's an old Boye and doesn't give the metric size, sorry). If I complete it to the same long length of my previous Seraphina, it will take about 3 1/2 hanks of the Alpaca Cloud, or around 1500 yards, give or take.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:15 PM, Blogger ladylinoleum said…

    It's gorgeous!

    I love "skinny" yarn being the thread-addict that I am. It just looks wonderful when worked up. I'm with ya sistah!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home