Goldi's Locks of Yarn

My place to discuss my raging obsession with yarn and crochet along with happenings in my life and the world at large

Saturday, November 12, 2005

This message is for my non-blogging visitors: How to post a comment

I've had several friends report that they tried to post comments on my blog but were unable to do so. So I figured I'd include this little "how-to" so you will know what is needed. I really want to see your comments! I will probably repost this message periodically, since it will eventually get buried, or (if I get clever enough) I will find a way to include a link to this message on my sidebar. In fact, that's probably the best idea. Later.

When you click on the comment link for any post, a seperate window should open up displaying any comments already posted for that entry, and a box for you to type your own comments. Once you are done composing your message, make a selection for identifying yourself. Now this part gets a little tricky since I can't see what you might see as someone who doesn't have an account with Blogger. What I see is 3 choices - my Blogger account name (with the button already next to it), followed by "Other" and thirdly, "Anonymous". My preference would be for you to choose "Other" (or it's equivalent, if that doesn't show up for you) rather than "Anonymous", as it will then give you a chance to put your name on your message. Don't worry about any other fields that may be included, they don't have to be filled in.

Next - and this is important, so pay attention! - you are asked to type in a word verification. There will be a senseless-looking string of letters displayed which you are asked to type into a line below the display. This is to protect my blog from roving spammerbots, which have (unfortunately) recently begun to hammer blogs with crappola in the comments. It assures that a "real" person is posting the comment. Your comment will NOT be accepted to the blog entry without completing this step!

Finally, click the button to post your comment. In my display it is "Log in and publish", but as a non-Blogger visitor, it may be different for you. This should get your comment posted to my blog entry.

I hope this has been helpful! I will try to take some time out from from my crocheting activities to figure out how to add the link to these instructions on the sidebar, so they will be available to you, since this entry will eventually drop down the list and out of sight. I look forward to reading your comments and thank you in advance for taking the time to post them!

3 Comments:

  • At 1:20 PM, Anonymous Morgana said…

    Goldi, so sorry to see you are still suffering. Not much worse than back spasms.
    Hope you are now at peace with it and are planning a great NY Eve celebration to end this 'nasty' year.
    Happy New Year,
    Morgana

     
  • At 10:36 PM, Blogger jd said…

    goldi,
    can you tell me where you got the pattern for the granny ripple baby afghan you made. it's outstanding!! love your color selection.
    thanks in advance,
    jd in st louis
    http://crochet.craftgossip.com

     
  • At 8:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Goldi -
    I see where you had been in touch through email to Martha of Stargazer's Crochet.
    I understand she is having a hard time but her site was amazing and I was wondering if you could contact her once again and let her know that I would LOVE to offer my help in developing a new site for her to re-establish her pattern links! YEP FREE - - I know web design and can develop a lovely and easy to navigate site! I can be contacted at troy tobias 2014 under yahoo - (think you will know how to turn that into an email addy!). Thanks - Troy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home