Goldi's Locks of Yarn

My place to discuss my raging obsession with yarn and crochet along with happenings in my life and the world at large

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

11th hour madness

I have it on good authority that I am the world's biggest procrastinator! It is almost a routine with me to put things off - or to put off finishing - until the almost literal 11th hour. After two weeks of screwing around with the Moonlight Mohair scarf I created for mom, and on the eve of my scheduled visit with her, I completed the last details of the finishing touches and declared it done! That was about 15 minutes ago! I've barely left myself enough time to sleep before I must be up and off, and yes, I have managed to put off most of those preparations for the last minute as well, so I can anticipate running around (well, hopefully - will get to that shortly) scrambling to pull together the last few things I wanted to bring with me, take my shower and wash my hair, get dressed, gulp some espresso to get my engine roaring, and race out the door. It's always problematic when you pair up an early bird with a night owl!

Because I guess I love challenges and must have felt I didn't have enough, my back decided to spasm out on me tonight, severely aggravating my sciatica to screaming proportions. To make matters worse, I dare not take one of the few remaining muscle relaxants I have left, as I fear I wouldn't wake up until tomorrow afternoon sometime. I had asked the doc I saw recently for the generic Soma, which I tolerate well, but he insisted on giving me Flexeril, which I hadn't had for years and could only remember that I didn't like it much. Now I remember why. The Soma was always reliable for knocking me out good and cold, but it generally let go of me pretty easily when it was time to get up, and I had no lingering side effects. Not so with the Flex. I barely feel it and can easily override the mild sleepiness it causes, but then I have a hard time waking up, and feel groggy and woozy for hours afterward once I'm up. I hate it! But it's all I have, and soon will be out of that too. Then what do I do? Hopefully the heating pad will coax those muscles to calm down. I think I'll keep the phone nearby, just in case. Sigh.

At any rate, the scarf turned out pretty cute! I winged it from start to finish. I'll try and write up how I did it - the hardest part will be documenting the flower band I created to hold the scarf together. I'll take a pic of it before I wrap it up, along with a picture of mom wearing it later.

Later, I'll give my Christmas report. For now, though, it's off to bed to try and snatch at least a couple of hours of sleep. I must be crazy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home