Goldi's Locks of Yarn

My place to discuss my raging obsession with yarn and crochet along with happenings in my life and the world at large

Friday, December 23, 2005

The Cherry on top

As if a package full of scrumptious yarn and delicious smelling soap and lotion wasn't enough to make me feel wonderful, the day just kept up offering more good things! First of all, my unemployment check came, a day earlier than last time, allowing me to confidently drop off the rent check which had been a week late because I needed this money to get it all covered (and I must here quickly note that my landlord has been highly understanding and sweet about it, for which I'm also grateful). Still, as nice as it was to get that check today, the good surprises weren't done with me yet!

The package from Kate came via UPS - fortunately I was still home when it arrived, as he just dropped it between the screen and front door. If I hadn't seen him, I probably wouldn't have found the package until tomorrow since I'd already collected my mail, and all normal comings and goings are done through the back at my house. Good thing too, considering what was in that package!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Um, yes, I can hear you wondering: "Soap? So, what's the big deal?" I can tell you, though, that it is a wonderful smelling soap, and rose geranium is one of my favorite scents, not to mention good for depression - along with Lavender, btw. LOL! Well, decorum does not allow me to reveal what else was in the package except to say it was green. VERY green! Big things often come in small packages, ya know? Considering the worries that have been furrowing my brow lately, this "little" gift has gently smoothed away a few wrinkles. How like her! A more generous and sweet soul you will never meet, and I consider myself the luckiest gal in the world for this most cherished of friends - sisters, really! Thanks skater - you're the best!

There is more I'd like to say, but this eventful day has sped by like a bullet, and I have yet to even touch a hook and yarn! So I will have to save it. Let's just say that tonight I will be sleeping with a smile on my face and a ton of gratitude in my heart!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home