Goldi's Locks of Yarn

My place to discuss my raging obsession with yarn and crochet along with happenings in my life and the world at large

Thursday, December 22, 2005

What an INCREDIBLE day!

Perhaps the start of my day was an omen of things to come. I don't know, but it just seemed to start out with a positive burst, something that I'd almost forgotten what it felt like, that quite frankly, I enjoyed waking up all hot and sweaty and anxious to be rid of my bed! And things seem to be transpiring to keep this ball rolling, in a BIG way!

I had received a phone call the other day from my best friend and soul sister, who lives in Baton Rouge. She had informed me that a package was coming, and so when I saw the postman go by my back door (where all packages are left), I rushed right out there to retrieve it, expecting goodies from Louisiana. Imagine my confusion when I saw a return address from Massachusetts, lol! But it didn't dawn on me what I had in my hands until I got the package opened and out popped the most luscious little ball of yarn, having snuck it's way out of the tissue paper wrapping it - and it's fellow balls of what I must say is the MOST incredibly beautiful little pile of handspun yarns I've ever seen! I was RAOKed!!!

I am speechless! I am teary-eyed! I feel blessed! And I am thankful more than I can possibly express with mere words!

I had not signed up for the Christmas Wish lists because I just wasn't in the position to be able to send anything out - we will also not mention the fact that I am still not organized enough to know what I have available to give, either, even though I know there is much I could share. I'm getting there, slow though it may be. But anyway, since I hadn't signed up, I was not expecting anything at all. So, my "Secret Santa", you surprised the heck out of me - and I thank you for it!

Along with the drool-worthy yarn balls (which are more properly called scraplets according to the website - though imo these are some pretty substantial scraplets!) was a wonderful-smelling bar of handcrafted soap, called Blueberry Burst, wrapped in muslin and tied with ribbon - I can't stop holding it to my nose to sniff it, lol! There is also a little bottle of Lavender lotion, also a handmade product and smelling heavenly - and Lord knows I need LOTS of lotion in this cold dry season!

These are all products of a business called Pink Peppercorns, a lovely little whimsical name that conjures up lovely thoughts, and smells which will probably be forever associated in my mind now with these lovely aromatic gifts - even the yarn, which was cleverly scented by the inclusion of a teabag - a wonderful idea that I will definitely have to remember for the future! I honestly don't know who this wonderful person is, having never before heard of this website (and enjoying my browsing experience immensely, btw), but at least I do have an email address I can write to in order to thank her properly.
***
I saved the above after I wrote it, because I wanted to be able to include pictures but didn't have time to get them taken and prepared. I had errands to run today, which is the first day I've been out of the house since last Saturday (I'd been doing some serious hunkering!). Got my errands done, and pics taken, so now I'm all set.

And now, drool with me please!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It's just too bad that I can't share the wonderful scents with you all, you'll just have to conjure it up in your own imagination and take my word for it that it's wonderful!

I had to find a container to put this lovely yarn in, so that I could gaze on it for awhile while I contemplate what I might create from it - perhaps a crazy-quilt type scarf or some other such wild-crafted item, or perhaps a bouquet of wildly blooming flowers to be mixed and matched and worn to brighten up gloomy days. For now, just having this basket stuffed with these colorful balls is enough - it is now parked on my coffee table in front of the couch, where I spend the vast majority of my time crocheting of late. Here are a couple of shots - my basket runneth over!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

All in all, this is the best day I've had in a very long time - and before the holiday to boot! Makes me feel like I'll be able to make it through to next year after all - there were some days where I wasn't so sure.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:13 AM, Anonymous Joe said…

    How nice-- and thoughtful! :o) Beautiful colors, too. Not knowing much about this subject, I didn't know you could create interesting color combos quite like that in yarn.

     
  • At 6:14 PM, Blogger Mimi said…

    Those are lovely! Lucky you... Happy Holidays!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home