Goldi's Locks of Yarn

My place to discuss my raging obsession with yarn and crochet along with happenings in my life and the world at large

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Winter Wool! and Sidebar changes

Okay, in anticipation of my little windfall next month, I went ahead and signed up for the Winter Wool swap this week. I've been feeling a tad bereft, having had to bow out of the swaps for the last several months, though I knew there was going to be no way I could do them justice even had I not lost my job. I just know how hard it is for me to get through this season and I wasn't about to sign up for commitments that I would have a hard time fulfilling, that's just nuts. I've seen the disappointment it causes to those who get paired up with someone who doesn't follow through - for whatever reason - and my vow is to never allow that to happen with me. Best to just sit them out until I know I'm in a position, both financially and headwise, to be able to fulfill my promises. But this one, for sure, I can do! And so I will. I'm drooling over the thought of wool - real wool - even as I write this!

I've gone ahead and added the button to my blog, and in so doing, was reminded that I have a lot of stuff I've wanted to add to the sidebar but had no working braincells to actually get it accomplished. I've started by moving the Crochetville button out of the Swaps list (where it didn't really belong, after all) into it's own category. Later, I will start gathering all the buttons and links and codes necessary to add the other stuff I wanted to include here, and maybe I can spruce this blog up a bit - finally! I'm coming up soon on my first anniversary of having a blog - amazing how time flies! - so I will see if I can at least get this done by then, if not sooner. Maybe I can even start trying to keep up with my fellow bloggers again - well, maybe "again" isn't the operative word here, I've never been able to keep up with that prolific lot! All I can promise is that I will try, lol!

So, you might notice some minor changes on my sidebar. Then again, you might not! But hopefully there will soon be some major ones to take note of, so pay attention now!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:42 AM, Blogger Deneen said…

    I've been thinking about you a lot lately and hope things are leveling off for you.

    Love the handwarmers and must make myself a pair.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home