Goldi's Locks of Yarn

My place to discuss my raging obsession with yarn and crochet along with happenings in my life and the world at large

Friday, January 06, 2006

Silly me

I've gone and let my schedule get all topsy-turvy. I swear, sometimes I wonder if I'm not turning into some kind of a vampire or something - except, of course, I refuse to allow myself the decadent "luxury" of sleeping past noon, usually it's no later than about 10:30 and often earlier. And even though I can, I haven't indulged myself in any naps to make up for the lost sleep - yet. Maybe it would help if I got out more, then again maybe not. But like I told my heart sis in our lengthy phone chat the other evening, I find it nearly impossible to leave the house during the daylight hours of late. What the heck is up with that??? And these crazy nocturnal hours I've been keeping. Vampire! What else could it be? I did always have rather pronounced points on those "canine" teeth...

Worst of all, Meeps is getting used to being able to go out in the wee hours of the morning! And, even were I inclined to, I can't finally hit the sack until she returns. Any other time of the year, fine, let her cat about until I rise to meet the new day - but not in the winter. Although I don't like her to stay out all night. I swear, you'd think she was a teenager, and me her nervous mom, waiting for her to get home past her curfew, lol! Can't help it, though. Sigh... Such is the life of a human who is owned by an inside-outside cat.

My back finally stopped giving me hell a couple of days ago, and now my energies are starting to rise again, finally. Maybe I'll actually manage to get some things accomplished. It's all been piled up and waiting expectantly, of course. Way overdue!

Ooh - speaking of overdue! I'd better remember to renew those library books today, or they will be too! Wonder if a post-it note stuck to the computer will work to remind me? Or will I manage to make it invisible like I somehow managed to do to the other one (which stares at me as I write this), reminding me of a task that never got done? Maybe I should bring one of the books in here and set it in my working area, where I can't ignore it? I must be getting old, to have to trick myself into remembering important things, abilities that once were effortless. Maybe it's just temporary insanity. Sounds plausible!

It was certainly insanity that made me decide that tonight was a good night to compact my email folders! I had spent about an hour performing a much-needed purge in one of the folders, clearing out about 2500 non-essential emails (don't ask!), and after I emptied the trash folder, I thought it might be a good idea to perform this function on my grossly bloated email archives, don't ask me why I didn't realize that it would take probably almost as long as it took for Windows to do that surface scan of all my hard drives on New Year's Eve - and far into New Year's Day! But at least that one was involuntary. Windows insisted it would not function until this critical task was performed, and wouldn't take "no" for an answer. Where this computer is concerned, lately I'm a glutton for punishment. When it's not meting it out on me, I go looking for it! This is not a GOOD THING.

So, what have I been doing with these crazy wierd hours, especially since far too often (this year, at least), I haven't been able to get into mischief online? Why, watch movies and crochet, of course!

My crocheting hasn't gotten speedier, unfortunately, but I'm plodding along anyway, and having fun doing it. At least I can take comfort in the fact that this is a GOOD THING. If all goes well (and I actually do get some sleep), I should even have a couple of FOs to show off! Well, one is a definite FO, the other still has one last round to go, plus evil ends to weave in before that title can be applied, but I fully intend to have it done today, FINALLY! I'll admit, I'm a teensy-tiny bit TERRIFIED of that last round, though - it is a stitch I have never done before: reverse sc. I decided it would be best not to try and tackle it while watching tonight's entertainment, which happened to be the very charming movie Chocolat! So I finally picked Iris back up and worked on that while I watched. Can't say I made huge amounts of leaping progress (even had to frog back a bit to recover a missed stitch), but it's still forward movement, a GOOD THING.

And speaking of which, I am finally beginning to feel the pull toward my pillow, so I think I'll wrap up this rambling little message and go see if Meeps is also ready to come in from the cold. With any luck, I'll be back later...

3 Comments:

  • At 9:04 AM, Blogger Eliany said…

    Hi Goldi! It's good to hear that you're feeling better. Have a nice day!

     
  • At 9:55 AM, Blogger ThreeOliveMartini said…

    i just let my body run on its own schedule..

    i love that movie ! !

     
  • At 2:48 PM, Blogger Wendy said…

    I am on a late/swing shift schedule too but since my husband works swing it works for us. I get a lot of stuff done in those late night hours. Glad you are feeling better.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home