Goldi's Locks of Yarn

My place to discuss my raging obsession with yarn and crochet along with happenings in my life and the world at large

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Winter Wool!

I had mentioned previously that I was going to hold out on you with one of my happy-dance items to report, and for good reason: I had photo manipulations to attend to before I could post my news and no time for said manipulations as I had an appointment to rush off to. I'm all set now, so - drum roll, please!

I received a package in the mail! It was a box, stuffed with wooly goodness from my swap partner Eliany, aka LaniK! Looky looky!!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Sigh... I just LOVE Knit Picks yarns! And Lani treated me to a nice selection of colors and weights, including a hank of color-your-own lace weight. She even thoughtfully included several envelopes of Kool-aid for me to dye it with! I've already got some ideas on what I want to do with this one - as well as the yummy Shadow laceweight in the gorgeous heathered color Sunset. I have LOTS of laceweight projects planned, with a good selection of both the Shadow and Alpaca Cloud on hand - which is why I'd been so anxious to get that swift! This laceweight, I think, just may end up becoming another Seraphina - or maybe a lacy scarf. I've been reviewing several different pattern ideas for a crocheted version similar to the knit ones.

Then there were the 3 balls of Wool of the Andes in Blueberry, and 3 balls of Palette in Hyacinth, oh yeah! I am contemplating several possibilities for these two, may have to wait for them to provide some inspiration for what they want to become.

They are all soooo soft! But then, what have we here? Ahhhh, the Andean Treasure! Talk about soft! And the lovely heathered color - she sent me Moss, which absolutely got me to drooling all over myself! I have a total weakness for heathered yarns, I love them so! I had previously picked up a couple of balls of this wonderful yarn in the Sunset color and had spent a good amount of time just petting it - it's so hard not to! But I couldn't make up my mind what to do with it. When these new balls of this luscious yarn arrived, the lightbulb finally went off!

I've had a sweater pattern that I really wanted to make, been hunting for over a year for the perfect yarn in the perfect colors for this project, and I think I've finally found it - in this Andean Treasure! Later (not tonight) in a separate post, I'll give more details about this, but to keep from turning this "Thank You!" into yet another of my long rambling messages, I'll save it. So, Lani - hopefully you will get to see at least this yarn used in a project very soon! I can't promise I'll be able to show all of the yarns you sent me "in action" real quick, but this lovely Moss yarn definitely won't be one of them!

Along with my yummy yarns, Lani sent the Kool-aid, as I mentioned before, a small sticky note pad (I love these things and use them constantly - and this one will be fun to use!), and some wonderful smelling hand lotions. Now I know you've been reading my blog, Lani, to know how much I need and use lotions all the time! The HG Green Tea is one of my all-time favorites. And I had to try out the Gardenia one right away, and ran around sniffing my hands all day, lol! People probably were giving me furtive looks and rolling their eyes behind my back, but what do they know? Maybe I should have just stuck my hands under their nose too, lol!

All in all, I am feeling TOTALLY spoiled by the wonderful package you put together, Lani - many many thanks! I have a feeling I just crossed over today into the world of yarn snobhood, these yarns are definitely going to spoil me now for sure. I just hope I can do as good a job of putting Dawn's package together for her! I'm certainly going to have fun trying, though. After spending several hours over the past few days browsing all the possibilities, I am just about ready to start my shopping, yippee! I will probably have a ball of Andean Treasure clutched in my other hand while I do, stopping to pet it every now and then!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:37 AM, Blogger Eliany said…

    I'm glad you liked everything. I was nervous! I definitively want to see what beautiful things you make with the yarn. That Andean Treasure in Moss is GORGEOUS (and so soft), isn't it? Take your time, enjoy the yarn, and have a good day!

     
  • At 8:53 PM, Blogger Mimi said…

    Wow, what a marvelous package to receive!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home