Goldi's Locks of Yarn

My place to discuss my raging obsession with yarn and crochet along with happenings in my life and the world at large

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Crochet Olympics

I've got several other things I've been meaning to blog about, will get to those as time permits. But I wanted to put up my notice of participation in the Crochet Olympics now preparing for official start of ceremonies this coming Friday the 10th! I have signed on with my challenging project: the Quilted Trellis afghan from the book Mosaic Magic by Lily Chin. Materials are gathered, hook is handy and I've even worked up a gauge swatch - good thing, too, because this pattern is a tad more complex than I'd expected! Fortunately, I found when I measured the piece that I'm on target - which is good because I don't have extra yarn to spare, and one of the called-for yarns wasn't easy to come by! I'd hate to have to be scrambling to get more as we approach the end of this ordeal - er, event! If I succeed - no, make that WHEN I succeed! - I'm going to have one beautiful blankie on my hands! Just the swatch looked pretty spectacular!

Here's a pic of my materials, standing by and ready to go go go!
Image hosting by Photobucket

And here's a (crappy) shot of what my ghan should look like when I'm done:
Image hosting by Photobucket

I have several other projects to concentrate on in the meantime, can't be wasting any time since I will have to set them all aside come Friday. I will try to get the buttons up on my sidebar by the end of the day, and maybe another post or two written - been bursting at the seams over some of it! We'll see if this old flake can get it together...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home