Goldi's Locks of Yarn

My place to discuss my raging obsession with yarn and crochet along with happenings in my life and the world at large

Saturday, February 18, 2006

It's getting there...

Things are (slowly) coming along with this afghan project. I worked feverishly (it felt) to try to close that deficit gap, and I think I am close to doing so now. I was going to post an update before heading to bed last night, but I was so exhausted I decided to wait. Woke up late this morning, then Phil came over for awhile and I also spent time on the phone with my daughter. Apparently, I still needed more sleep, as I could barely keep my eyes open, so I laid down for a nap - a 3 hour one! Wow! Guess I was making up for missing a night the other night.

These pics (below) are from yesterday afternoon - I had made it to 62 rows by this point. I am now on row 68 and should be able to break 70 shortly. Then I will have to stop for awhile (again) to take care of some other business I must attend. I really envy those folks who can whiz through a row in short order, sometimes it feels like I'm moving in slow motion as I make my stitches. I get clumsy when I try to speed it up, and just end up having to make two or three tries on many of my stitches as a result. As long as I go slow and steady, I do okay. Guess I'm just feeling impatient!

Many thanks to the folks who have left encouraging comments here - and Kimberly, let's save the pom poms for when we near the finish line. You do look cute with those pom poms though!

I need coffee - but my pot quit working on me, ack! I have to go now to figure out an alternative way to get my caffeine fix so I can wake up, otherwise I feel far too tempted to take another nap, and that won't get things done!

Full length view of front:
Image hosting by Photobucket

Close-up of front:
Image hosting by Photobucket

Full length view of back:
Image hosting by Photobucket

Close-up view of back:
Image hosting by Photobucket


I will wait a few days before posting any more update shots, but as you can see from the above, this blankie is turning out nice!

Okay, off to get a few more rows in and then take care of business (after I find a way to make some coffee)...

1 Comments:

  • At 4:27 AM, Blogger Mimi said…

    Its really looking good, Goldi, that's a wonderful pattern! And I like the colors too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home