Goldi's Locks of Yarn

My place to discuss my raging obsession with yarn and crochet along with happenings in my life and the world at large

Monday, February 13, 2006

Olympic Challenge Day 3 - Progress, sorta

I'm exhausted, and my arm is hurting, but I figured I'd share a progress shot on my project so far, as promised. I was feeling pretty good about it despite still being in the deficit as far as where I determined I should be at this point. But as I was preparing my pictures for this post, I discovered yet another error that will require a frog session, only 1 and about a 3rd rows to get to it, but it's still a deflating feeling. This is the second time this evening, the first one took me back over 2 whole rows to return to the error spot. Thus, I end with 25 completed rows less the 1 1/3 I will have to redo tomorrow. I should be at 30 by now. I'm also noting that my backside pattern is looking a bit on the choppy side so I will have to take some time to study that to figure out what I'm doing wrong to cause that problem. But it will have to wait until tomorrow.

It remains to be seen whether I will be able to meet my challenge. An afghan in 16 days is mighty big indeed, especially when you stitch as slow as I do - and I have to take frequent short breaks because my back, arms and neck stiffen up on me something fierce. I stayed off of Crochetville today because I lose way too much time when I go there, my "short" breaks extending to hours and I needed to try and catch myself up today. Ah well, I will keep plugging away at it and hopefully I'll be able to pick up speed as I go along. I've pretty much got the pattern sequences memorized now, so all I have to do is beware of the stupid errors I seem to be plagued with, they annoy me no end!

So, without further ado, here is where I'm at as of this posting
Image hosting by Photobucket

If you'd like to take a closer look, this link will take you to a larger version of the above pic.

Tomorrow is another day...

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home