Goldi's Locks of Yarn

My place to discuss my raging obsession with yarn and crochet along with happenings in my life and the world at large

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

OMG! He outdid himself!

I received my N hook from Jimbo in the mail today. He had that package well-wrapped in tape, so much so that it took me awhile to wrestle it open, lol! After getting past that first barrier of cardboard and tape, I came upon another, consisting of red felt and yarn. My package looked like a small rolled diploma with ties on each end instead of just in the middle, and since he'd taken care to wrap the yarn several times around the felt-covered treasure before tying it in a tidy - and tight! - knot, it once again took me some time to work the yarn off each end (nope, no sliding it off!), figure out which end was up (both me and the hook - the price I pay for sleep deprivation) and finally slide that baby out of it's felt blanket.

I gasped!

I sighed!

I petted!

I stroked!

And since the sun was again streaming in - the snow having stopped (big sigh of relief and crossed fingers it will be warm enough for it to melt away so I don't have to wield the shovel), and my kitchen was plenty bright, I grabbed my camera and took a quick shot of this beauty on it's felt bed so I could share it with the world!

FEAST YOUR EYES!
Image hosting by Photobucket

Is this not THE most beautiful piece of whittled wood you have ever seen?! And let me tell you: It is smooth and silky to the touch, and just glides right into place, following the curves of my fingers as they wrap eagerly around this lovely tool of creativity! As one, hand and hook seek yarn with which to play, and so I will send this off and give them their opportunity!

Kari mentioned in a comment just recently placed on my previous post about how sold she is on hers, both the lovely classic TOTC hooks as well as Jimbo's rustic beauties. I couldn't agree with her more! I am totally hooked! (yes, yes - intended!)

Jimbo, you have outdone yourself! Somebody, tie a weight to my ankle, so I don't float away!

5 Comments:

  • At 4:24 PM, Blogger Deneen said…

    I was RAOK'd a "J" hook and a "Q" hook from Jimbo and they are wonderful! My next size I purchase is an "N".

     
  • At 6:09 PM, Anonymous julie said…

    You write so much better than I do, but I have yet another beautiful Jimbo hook on my blog which arrived today. I think we're both very lucky. :o)

     
  • At 7:41 PM, Blogger Wendy said…

    Very cool!

     
  • At 9:20 PM, Blogger Pam said…

    That is awesome. Does it get any better than that? I mean, hand made, so rustic looking, but so beautiful, I'm in awe.

     
  • At 9:22 PM, Blogger Mimi said…

    Very beautiful, you've describe it so well even the packaging, what a thrill!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home