Goldi's Locks of Yarn

My place to discuss my raging obsession with yarn and crochet along with happenings in my life and the world at large

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Oh where oh where has all this time gone?!

Didn't mean to do a disappearing act here, but life has been a tad out of control these past few weeks. I'm trying hard not to panic myself with the litany of to-do's that are playing out in a vicious circle in my brain at the moment while hoping that I don't get derailed (again) by unanticipated demands forcing a rearranging of my daily routines. I've been wracked with so many challenges this first few weeks of March that I don't even want to go down memory lane to review them all again. Suffice it to say it's all water under the proverbial bridge and move forward! There's plenty to capture the attention in this direction too, that's for sure!

Thanks to those events, however, I managed to miss my deadline for the Spring Purse/Tote swap at Crochetville. Having some technical challenges to deal with in the course of this project did NOT help, neither did the major goof I made that had me pretty depressed for days until I was finally able to come up with a reasonable method of camouflaging my error, thus saving the project. I finally completed the last step earlier this evening, and have my first ever tote - a felted one at that! - all wrapped up and ready to fly via postal service to my swappee tomorrow morning. I'll have to wait until she receives her package before I can share my pics of it here. I'll just say for now that it turned out far better than I had expected it to after all is said and done.

Okay, I can't resist sharing a couple of pics of one of my challenges throughout this project. Due to my total absorption, Meeps decided that since she was, by her standards, being "severely neglected", she would find as many creative ways as she could to let me know I wasn't paying enough attention to her. I couldn't catch pics of her trying to run off with pieces of my project (where's that camera when you need it?!), or just causing general mayhem with a well-aimed paw in the middle of a carefully laid out tableau of parts and tools, or the usual attacking of temptingly wiggling yarn, but several times when I would get up for one reason or another, I would return to my crafty spot only to find scenes like this:
Image hosting by Photobucket

Note how she is peeking at me from her seemingly "deep in slumber" mode? This pose took her all of about 2 minutes to strike up, probably less!

Other times, while I would be desperately working on my computer, and later trying to catch up the heavy backlogs that resulted, she would climb up in the chair across from me and just sit and STARE at me, like this:

Image hosting by Photobucket

Do you know how hard it is to concentrate when you have someone staring at you with that look? Virtually impossible, that's what it is! She did her mighty best at every opportunity to distract me, pester me and annoy me, anything to get me to drop what I was doing and just go PLAY with her. With most cats, a few minute play sessions here and there would have sufficed, but this cat has inherited my tendency toward obsessive behaviors, and once I give in to a short play session, it's all over. She's after me sometimes as often as every 15 minutes for another one, AROUND THE CLOCK, taking time off only for naps! She's relentless! This has been going on, for the most part, all winter long!

Thank goodness, it will get better once the weather warms up. She'll spend most of her time outdoors then. Winters cooped up with Meeps can be wearing! It's a darn good thing she's so adorable...

So, there was one of my challenges with this project. I will have to save my tales of the others (and the pics) until the bag makes it's destination.

Interestingly enough, my swappee, Tina, also happened to have me as HER swappee, and I received my bag from her yesterday. Here's my springy little purse, which I immediately put to use yesterday when I had to run out in the afternoon to take care of some business - it was just the right size for the few things I needed to carry! Thanks Tina! It's adorable!

Image hosting by Photobucket

Hopefully, over the next few days, I will begin catching up on things here. I have a bunch of pics to share when I get a chance, and lots of chatter. For now, though, I think I'll go catch up a bit again at Crochetville while I aim for the goal of finishing up square # 5 of the 20 I've pledged for Heartmade Blessings this month - I finally sent in my official pledge tonight so I'm now committed to it. With the bag project out of the way, I shouldn't have any problem meeting my goal with these squares as long as I stay focused on them. And I know I did promise an update pic of Iris - and still hope to sneak in at least 4 rows on it by the end of the month - I'll try to get that photo-shoot set up and done in the next couple of days. For now, this is just my way of letting you all know I'm still here and kickin', just far too busy for my own good!

[LOL! I just HAVE to share this : Just ran my spellcheck in preparation for posting this message. Spell check didn't like the word "swappee" - guess what it recommended as the replacement? "swap pee"! It hates what it considers to be two words put together as one and is always suggesting the split version to me (such as heart made for heartmade), but this one was tooo rich! Sorry, that just cracked me up!]

3 Comments:

  • At 10:51 AM, Blogger Norah said…

    Can't wait to see your bag. Congratulations on finishing. Those photos of Meep are too funny.

     
  • At 1:40 PM, Blogger flybabytina said…

    I am so glad you like your Springy purse! I had fun making it!

    Tina

     
  • At 10:40 PM, Blogger sara said…

    you're purse is so cute. i love your cat...........i have the same thing in dog version

     

Post a Comment

<< Home