Goldi's Locks of Yarn

My place to discuss my raging obsession with yarn and crochet along with happenings in my life and the world at large

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

I am thrilled to report that I have completed my Iris Seraphina - yay! Tied on the last of the fringe late Monday night. I was rather busy all day yesterday and out for the evening so I'm running behind in my planned schedule to blog about it. Here she is!
Image hosting by Photobucket

And a closeup shot of the stitches at the point
Image hosting by Photobucket

Ironically, after living with her for a day, I am actually contemplating adding more fringe. Initially I wanted to keep the fringe to a minimum, did not want it to overwhelm the shawl. But now I'm wondering if maybe it's not quite enough...? Well, I think I will live with it like is and decide later. I have plenty of leftover yarn should I decide to add on later.

More later...

6 Comments:

  • At 7:15 PM, Blogger Norah said…

    Oooooh, she's absolutely beautiful!!

     
  • At 2:04 PM, Blogger Lucy said…

    I sorta like the look of a little fringe...it makes it look more delicate.

     
  • At 1:45 AM, Anonymous Grete said…

    Your Seraphina is so beautiful.
    Good works on it.

     
  • At 1:44 PM, Blogger vicki said…

    beautiful shawl goldi, i love the fringe, very whispy. you can always add more later if ya want. hugs

     
  • At 5:54 PM, Blogger Micky said…

    Hi! On Cucumberpatch.com, the Mermaid kits sell for $99.10. Usually there is a button on the bottom of the screen where you can change the currency so you can see how much everything is. The total price with shipping is $117.51. This is the cheapest I have found it anywhere. And everyone who has bought from them only had good things to say about it.
    This would be a great project to sink your teeth into!
    :)

     
  • At 6:22 AM, Blogger Mimi said…

    Its beautiful, Goldi! And I love its color ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home