Goldi's Locks of Yarn

My place to discuss my raging obsession with yarn and crochet along with happenings in my life and the world at large

Thursday, April 13, 2006

It's been five years...

I decided, after starting to write one of my usual long-winded posts, to let pics do most of the talking for me this year. I picked out a small handful of pictures that I felt would be a good representation of who Anthony was. He was a boy of few words, for the most part, but I think his personality shines through particularly well in these shots, taken over the course of his short life.

A few days old, with mom and big sister
Image hosting by Photobucket

Portrait at 3
Image hosting by Photobucket

I love the shining look he gives his sister here!
Image hosting by Photobucket

He was always happiest when bestowing hugs on the lucky recipients - I miss this most of all. Here, he shares his love with gramma and auntie
Image hosting by Photobucket

I chose this pic to include not because he was a huge sports fan (he wasn't really), but the slightly "clowning around" feel you get from him, and he just looks so darn cute here.
Image hosting by Photobucket

Bob was involved in the "entertainment" aspect of Windy City Wrestling, which had periodic shoots for their televised events. Thus Anthony and I got to participate as audience members for these film shoots, and Anthony got to have his pic taken with one of the wrestlers and Bob, as "Fingers Fontaine", the gangster "protecting" the wrestler. It was all camp, it was a lot of fun, and Anthony had trouble keeping from laughing about it all, as you can see in the second shot.

With Iron Mike Sampson and "Fingers Fontaine"
Image hosting by Photobucket

With "Fingers"
Image hosting by Photobucket

With baby Meeps, who loved to chew and bite even at that tender age!
Image hosting by Photobucket

With "big sis" Paula
Image hosting by Photobucket

With Zoie and Punkinhead
Image hosting by Photobucket

With Bella, relaxing on the couch
Image hosting by Photobucket

Picture taken at Aunty Juliana's house on Thanksgiving 2000. This was the picture chosen for display at the memorial/wake
Image hosting by Photobucket

I miss you baby.

7 Comments:

  • At 12:14 AM, Blogger Norah said…

    ((((Goldi)))))
    I'm so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful tribute--he must have been a very special young man.

     
  • At 1:42 AM, Anonymous Grete said…

    It is not much to say. Just want to give you a hug.
    Lovely tribute you made for your beloved son. He must a very special and good young man.

    HUG for you from me.

     
  • At 12:53 PM, Blogger Mare said…

    {{{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}}}}
    I can't even imagine...

    what a lovely tribute!

     
  • At 1:42 PM, Blogger vicki said…

    goldi, i am so sorry hon for your lose, i can not imagine how you must feel. sending lots of hugs and blessings your way. he is and will always be a wonderful young man from what i can see in your pictures. what a wonderful tribute you made for your son. hang in there hon, anniversarys are tough and i think you made this one very special for everyone. take care honey

     
  • At 7:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Goldi, my heart aches for you...I can't imagine surviving this...you are an a fine example of strength and courage...Both of your children are lovely...your tribute to Anthony is so beautiful! Love, Brenda

     
  • At 5:47 PM, Blogger Micky said…

    Hope you are doing ok.
    Good thoughts coming your way.
    :)

     
  • At 6:29 AM, Blogger Mimi said…

    The first photo is so lovely, Goldi... {{{hugs}}}

     

Post a Comment

<< Home