Goldi's Locks of Yarn

My place to discuss my raging obsession with yarn and crochet along with happenings in my life and the world at large

Saturday, June 24, 2006

FINALLY! A FO to report!

With the way my attention span has been going lately, I was seriously beginning to wonder if I was going to manage to actually finish anything this month. But I grabbed myself by the ears this afternoon and forced myself to sit still long enough to get this kerchief done, finally! It is the smallest of my projects, but I still feel a sense of accomplishment from hiding the last tail and getting to try it on. Ain't it purdy?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is making me feel ambitious enough to see if I can't get closer to the finish line with Maple now! I'm not sure I will be able to get that top completed tonight, but who knows - I might surprise myself! It does have some stiff competition though, from both Seasprite and Short 'n Sweet, so we will have to wait and see...

Now that I have finished this one, I have another kerchief to get started on as soon as possible. This next one will be worked in a new stitch I have never tried before (a second "first" for me, ha ha!), called the "Delta Crochet Mesh" (tutorial available here), which I discovered thanks to Jackie through her Show & Tell over on Crochetville. After seeing all those lovely kerchiefs she made for her sisters, I just had to add this pattern to my (infinite) to-do list! Besides, I need a summer scarf wardrobe, so far I only have two, and my hair seriously needs this protection.

Off to keep things rolling along!

4 Comments:

  • At 11:01 AM, Blogger Norah said…

    I love it! Great pattern!

     
  • At 2:46 PM, Anonymous Grete said…

    Wow that kerchiefs was so cute. Lovely pattern on it. *nikke*

     
  • At 9:17 PM, Blogger Lucy said…

    That kerchief is absolutely the cutest. I was thinking about making one but thought they may be too heavy to wear. That one looks nice and airy.

     
  • At 7:27 AM, Blogger jaclim said…

    very pretty kerchief, Deb! Now it's my turn to ask where did you get that filet pattern? I'd love to make one too.....lol!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home