Goldi's Locks of Yarn

My place to discuss my raging obsession with yarn and crochet along with happenings in my life and the world at large

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Year from your AWOL blogger!

Hi folks,

I know I've been awol for quite awhile, have been going through some rough times both healthwise and financially (as a result) and just have not been able to keep up with things in the online world. I apologize for disappearing and affirm that my New Year's resolution is to get back in touch with you all and try to keep my little blog here more up-to-date.

I will (maybe) eventually go into more details about my health issues, though that has never been the purpose of this blog so I haven't really felt all that comfortable going on about those. I started this blog to have a place to crow about my crochet achievements and stash enhancements first and foremost, and I would like to keep that focus here.

Thanks to those afore-mentioned health issues, progress - when there was progress - has been incredibly slow with the few projects I did manage to get done over the past several months. Let's see if I can get some of them up, so this last post of 2006 will be more exciting! I don't have a lot of time - should have been gone by now, so descriptions will be sparse at best on these items I am posting. Below are most of the projects I managed to complete in the last half of this year. There were a few other items, mostly a small assortment of dishcloths, that I completed and promptly lost so I couldn't get pics done.

Here is a dishcloth, and the water bottle cover I started (I believe) in summer 2005? I can be sooo slow sometimes! But at least it's finally done...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Granny Ripple Baby Blanket - making this was a real saga of stupid mistakes and many visits to the frog pond, but it turned out quite nice, worth the effort! Now all I need is to get the layette set done I want to include with it...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

A towel and dishcloth set - this one is actually not completed yet, I have those infernal ends to hide and a button to attach on the towel, but I really like this set and plan to make more.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It took seemingly forever - and I will have to save the story of my spectacular screw-up that caused this to almost go into UFO status, but I finally completed my Patricia Pepe skirt from the Crochetville CAL. I do need to finish the tie on it and add a lining (or get a slip), but the skirt is otherwise complete, and it turned out pretty darn good!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When my daughter's eyes lit up upon seeing my skirt, I knew what her Christmas gift would be. I will provide more details on both skirts later if anyone is interested, but here are several shots of the Purple Pepe Skirt (she also needs either a lining or slip - I would have made her one if I had a sewing machine):
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Hopefully things will improve for me in 2007, and I will be working hard to make that happen. I have a tremendous amount of catching up to do - all my online activities had to pretty much be shelved as I was simply unable to keep up with anything. I will try to give more info next year, but now I do have to leave. Hoping everyone has a safe and enjoyable time tonight - and see y'all next year!

(ps - if anyone has been waiting to hear from me, I will try to get back to you sometime in the next week, and sorry to have made you wait.)

7 Comments:

  • At 2:32 PM, Blogger Norah said…

    (((Goldi)))) I've missed you. I'm so sorry to hear things haven't been going well for you, but hope things go a lot better in 2007. The skirts are absolutely gorgeous--you did a fabulous job on them and your other FO's as well.

     
  • At 2:00 AM, Blogger sara said…

    goldi i have thought about you so many times..................so glad you are back with us again..........write me girl
    sara

     
  • At 10:43 AM, Blogger Jana B said…

    Goldi!!!!!!!!! Glad to see you!

    I LOVE the skirts!!!! They are so cool!

     
  • At 9:22 PM, Blogger diane said…

    (((((((()))))))many hugs Goldi!! i have missed you so much. hope this year is good for you....diane

     
  • At 10:42 AM, Anonymous Grete\gimpelise said…

    Just walking around to look at your Granny Ripple. It has wonderful colors.
    I have just made two of them, one in superwash and one in cotton.

    And I really like your skrits.

    Hopefully your days in 2007 will be easier than 2006 was.

     
  • At 2:04 PM, Blogger diane said…

    just checkin up on you Goldi my girl. how are things going? you need to know that you are missed!! let us know how you are...

     
  • At 6:30 PM, Blogger Katherine said…

    I love the skirt. How did you do it?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home